Stihl MS660 vs Husqvarna 390xp (vid)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny

...sure is funny how sling'r's short saw comparisons video and thread has meandered.

Now where were we? Oh yes both saws looked good to me, yet personal preference would steer me to the 390. There back on track.

I'll see your back on track and raise you one .....

...sure is funny how sling'r's short saw comparisons video and thread has meandered.

Now where were we? Oh yes both saws looked good to me, yet personal preference would steer me to the 390. There back on track.

Both are great saws ...... so, why not have both? :clap:

Holy COW, this thread has taken another bad turn!!!!!!!!!!

Such is life. I've read the last few pages and I've yet to figure out what all is being discussed. Near as I can tell its gone from favorite saws to a who's the best modder and so on.

Back to the saws Joat says own both. I say bull, own 3 of one like I do and you won't need the other,hahaha

True, this thread is like a roller coaster for sure...

Such is life. I've read the last few pages and I've yet to figure out what all is being discussed. Near as I can tell its gone from favorite saws to a who's the best modder and so on.

Back to the saws Joat says own both. I say bull, own 3 of one like I do and you won't need the other,hahaha

True, this thread is like a roller coaster for sure...

We really should discuss what oil to run in your modded saw, and what gas to mix it with.... :chainsaw:

There's no way I'll ever reveal which Barn Owl landed on my forearm to tell me this about your ported 346 that just kept getting spanked by an EHP 346...

Don't look now, but your tail is in between your legs:yoyo:

Unlike you who has his head between his legs.

You guys should see my new saw: a 7 1/4in magnesium Skil saw. Monday morning I will be putting on the leather Occidental nail bags.

I might as well Hi-jack my own thread.

Can't wait for the vid with some cool tunes Slinger!!!!:popcorn::rockn:

Rich

Some reasons for concern with the late MS660's being overall quality of the barrel and port timing issues as mentioned in this thread.
Not sure if the timing issues are the same as earlier 660's/066's.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=83777

Or, you can look at the thread here for another view.

attachment.php

You guys should see my new saw: a 7 1/4in magnesium Skil saw. Monday morning I will be putting on the leather Occidental nail bags.

I might as well Hi-jack my own thread.

wish we got worm drives here in Oz :(

but i did mail order a Occidental full set up about 5 years ago....still going strong :clap:

what are you building?

Serg

Thats cool TS, like I say I got no issue with modded saws at all. I'm glad to see your upfront and honest. You've gotton tons of work from this site ya say, thats cool. Your gonna continue to build saws for money ya say, hell you just made my long post 100% correct. I didn't think I was seeing things now I know I wasn't and its ok, rake in man. Your not alone in the mod biz on this site by no means. I got no problem with it at all, I just pointed what is what, nothing more,:cheers::cheers:
Thall is this the kind of customer that builders just love? I quoted him from another post, I think his username is Quick Time. He's pretty enthused and funny to boot!

"Well I have had a bigger saw on my mind for a few months, all my buddys tell me I am just stupid. I keep buying these saws and hell I have cut down every tree in my yard. Now that I have found this site, I know I may be stupid but at least im not alone!!!! "

wish we got worm drives here in Oz :(

but i did mail order a Occidental full set up about 5 years ago....still going strong :clap:

what are you building?

Serg

Going to work for a building contractor friend of mine, building houses and re-models and concrete work, etc...
Ready to be home everynight.

Going to work for a building contractor friend of mine, building houses and re-models and concrete work, etc...
Ready to be home everynight.

Have you got your new lathe all hooked up to 3 phase and running now?

Thall is this the kind of customer that builders just love? I quoted him from another post, I think his username is Quick Time. He's pretty enthused and funny to boot!

"Well I have had a bigger saw on my mind for a few months, all my buddys tell me I am just stupid. I keep buying these saws and hell I have cut down every tree in my yard. Now that I have found this site, I know I may be stupid but at least im not alone!!!! "

LOL, good one there. He would be the type of guy a dealer would love too.

Reminds me of a ole boy I use to work with long ago. His papy in law was a carpenter. He tells me man that dude can drive a keg of 16 penny nails a day. I thought for a minute, man thats a awful lot of nails but I didn't say anything. Months later I ran into his father in law and asked him if he could drive a keg of 16 penny nails in a day. He goes hell no, are you crazy. I said no, your son in law is though,LOLOLOLOL

Latest posts

Back