Double Barrelled Muffler Mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Someone recently reposted an old pic of a very nice double barrelled muffler mod on a 7900. I owed Ropensaddle another 372 muffler so I thought I'd try doing one for him. I don't think it turned out too badly. I do wish I had left it maybe 1/4" longer, but this one doesn't stick out at all. That's not all bad either.

633927684_2zPi6-M.jpg

633927893_KWZdm-M.jpg

633927734_HiJbP-M.jpg

633927839_YYvjE-M.jpg

That looks great! What did you use for paint? Is it high temp paint?

Now you need to top it off with a BB and tell people that's the falling sights.

So what guage is 1/2" pipe, lol? I have been using 3/4" pipe, but there wasn't room for it with this style mod. I guess if you wanted to put them in the middle of the muffler you could.

I'm guessing about 28 gauge.:cheers::cheers:

Rich

Do you TIG those pipes on, or braze them? Also, is that regular EMT conduit?
Nothing but EMT conduit. I use a small MIG and ground the welds down. Trust me, you don't want to see my welds, lol. I'm not a welder.

I think I'll do my next one for my saw and will use the 3/4" pipe. I'll put them side-by-side in the top middle front of the muffler. Nik, I like the bead idea:)

The one I did for a 3400 was actually more restrictive than the stock muff.
I guess I should have left the original outlets unaltered and just added the barrels.

Im thinkin a side by side outlet on the 394 with the rib, and bead, maybe ported extended chokes. Nice work Brad. Sure are a bunch of creative bored people in this world.

Looks great Brad!!!!

That thin stuff is so hard to weld....You did good!!!

Back