What woodcutting has done for me.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swell job. Our house had carpeting in every room in the house - including the kitchen and toilet. Previous owner had the gout or something and couldn't let his feetsies get the least bit cold.

Ripped it all up and went with wide pine pegged down with cut nails. The local mill often times grades some nice 12" boards as industrial, so we got most of the boards real cheap.

Av... it's a very inspiring story and pics to see what a "long" term plan and hard work can result in! Helps having a goal in sight when you're out there busting butt all the time, waking up with aches and pains b/c you're not giving into instant gradification. I'm sure you and your wife will enjoy the house and end results that much more. Congrats and well done! :bowdown:

Frankly, I was waiting for Woodbooga to say something about your pink Apple laptop........

Nope, dont drive that one, that belongs to the wife.My computer is here in the shop, a very dusty ole dell.
Every tried typing through an inch of sawdust?

Now you mention it, Im glad he didnt notice that

wow what a transformation ,you are blessed with talent and do great work bro

Your woodworking skills are way better than mine. Finish carpentry is an art and not everyone can be one even if they try hard(like me). Good job! Now let's see that Bob Villa shop.....I hate that guy, he has every woodworking machine known to man. Breezes thru complicated projects just walking from machine to machine. For most of us like you, we have the basics, a table saw, a router and sander and maybe a planer. It makes our projects take weeks to do, but it gets done and to me is more impressive than the Villa stuff.
How do you dry your wood? Solar Kiln, or do you drag it inside & stack it around the wood stove during the winter?

RD

Latest posts

Back