Rocheleau Stump Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Reaction score
Anyone used one? I saw the one listed in TreeTrader.com and was curious.

6944266.jpg

The boot is 36 inches with an IH six banger.

I saw that too in my tree trader mag. Anyone know the HP on that sum#####?

If it's the IH DT466 it's a minimum of 175hp with lots of torque! It's hard to imagine that machine holding up to that much torque.

that wheel looks like it'll tear itself off at the first pass! thing is huge compared to the rest of the machine.

that wheel looks like it'll tear itself off at the first pass! thing is huge compared to the rest of the machine.

Yup sure is a good thing they put the STAY CLEAR sign on there just incase someone thought it would be neat to go near it when it was moving... of course I am being sarcastic but the sad part is some moron would even with it there. That thing should come with its own flag man.

Ha. DT466. That is an old IH gas engine of some kind. That machine is as old as I am.

Why does my boss's diesel chip truck from the year 2000 say DT466 on the side then? You talkin' out your ass Mickey?

Why does my boss's diesel chip truck from the year 2000 say DT466 on the side then? You talkin' out your ass Mickey?

No, I'm not. They have made DT466's for a long time. I don't know if they were in production when that machine was made though. Don't start that deal where you are acting like a little farthead again. I saw you on the crane and everything, settle down.

No, I'm not. They have made DT466's for a long time. I don't know if they were in production when that machine was made though. Don't start that deal where you are acting like a little farthead again. I saw you on the crane and everything, settle down.

I guess I'm wondering why I'm putting diesel into a gas engine then. Seriously. Did they do a conversion of some kind at one point? Is that machine diesel or gas? I don't know. Do you know? How do you know? Please. Explain.

I guess I'm wondering why I'm putting diesel into a gas engine then. Seriously. Did they do a conversion of some kind at one point? Is that machine diesel or gas? I don't know. Do you know? How do you know? Please. Explain.

I see what looks like spark plug wires and a distributor.

DT466 is a very common DIESEL engine. Look it up. I didn't see anywhere in the add that it said DT466. It says 6 cyl. IH engine.

I have had six or so trucks with the DT466. Got two that do now. My old IH dozer has a DT407. They look like a DT466.

You still haven't explained how this is a DT466 gas engine though. I didn't know they made them.

My God man how mixed up are you? You are all mixed up. I never said it was a DT466. I know it's not a DT466. I never thought it. The DT stands for "diesel turbo".

Back