.404 chain question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swift4me

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
[/B]I have an old Dolmar CC 109 (80 cc) that has a solid tip 60 cm bar, and I want to put a roller tip 90 cm bar on it. The dealer who has the bar, has Oregon 27 in stock. Do I need a full skip chain for occasional use on larger trunks, (I have another 50 cm saw), or will the Oregon 27 work for me?

Thanks for the help.

Pete

Last edited:
NO ANSWERS WITHOUT PICTURES!!!!! CC109 huh? 36" roller tip bar? Yup, going to need to see pictures.....

Howdy,
If you're going to have the saw around for making big cuts, go with 27A, or some other style of skip tooth.
Regards
Gregg

.404 chain question with photos

This is the saw I'm trying to run the longer bar on.
IMGP1738.jpg

IMGP1849.jpg

The bar is from a dealer here in Europe
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300353006597&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:DE:1123

I think that the saw will put out enough oil for it, but I've never used a full skip chain. I couldn't find many after market bars that would fit the CC.

Thanks for the help.

Pete

The Dolmar saw is not intended to be used with over 25inch( 63 cm) bar with a .404.
This is not a "super saw " at 80CC
Ask Magnus Mattison or Martin Pfieffer ,they deal with this stuff everyday and can give you and objective answer.
SEND me a "PM and i will give you their email address.

Alain,

Thanks for the advice. I knew it was not a CC Super, but thought it might work. Martin helped me a bit on the rebuild.

I guess I'll keep looking for a Super and use what I have.

Thanks,

Pete

Latest posts

Back