Stopped by the Stihl dealer today to check out a 362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone wasn't there to buy a saw, they were there to prove their superior knowledge over a minimum wage highschool kid to make themselves feel good. In fact, so much so they felt they must run and tell all their online buddies about how dumb the kid was so they can feel smart. :hmm3grin2orange:

Someone wasn't there to buy a saw, they were there to prove their superior knowledge over a minimum wage highschool kid to make themselves feel good. In fact, so much so they felt they must run and tell all their online buddies about how dumb the kid was so they can feel smart. :hmm3grin2orange:

HAHAHA! I will give you credit there, that was pretty funny. :buttkick:

Here in Norway the 362 saw is not in the shops i have been into yet.I think its going to be released on a exhibition November.

Last edited:

And you are compelled to point this out to placate your overwhelming need for validation?

Or just making an observation.:)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Ya know, me wondering, why everybody so hot on the 362~ an unproven 'new' saw? Fer Dog's sakes guys think 'bout this: new model coming out, older models going on sale to clear stock durr-durr-durrr....
At least the weaknesses of the older models are already being discussed/addressed, they still have warrantees blah-blah etc.
*shakes head in dismay*

oi. Like is there something shooper-dooper-speshul with the new models?
A better guarantee? More customer support? Bragging rights? wtf?
Check them out sure, someone'll buy one eventually and I'm sure we'll hear some feedback, but this 'oooooo-oooooo-ahhhhh' thingy... gah, maybe I'm over-reactin'....sry..

Seriously, I just do not understand this mindset at all.

Sheesh.

Last edited:
Stopped at my dealer today to pick up some stuff and asked about the 362, he pointed to the shelf and said he was sold out of the 361's. He called his dist. to get some 361's before they were all gone, the dist. told him they have 9 in stock with 8 going out today. He took the last 361 and 4 362's. Said he sold one the other day but hasn't cut with it yet.

Andy

Someone wasn't there to buy a saw.

You into reading minds now? I gave that up because I wasn't any good at it.:cheers:

Make sure to listen to spacemule. He is a longtime retailer/customer service representative who is also hermit. He goes on the AS for attention, not due to interest in saws.

Ya know, me wondering, why everybody so hot on the 362~ an unproven 'new' saw? Fer Dog's sakes guys think 'bout this: new model coming out, older models going on sale to clear stock durr-durr-durrr....
At least the weaknesses of the older models are already being discussed/addressed, they still have warrantees blah-blah etc.
*shakes head in dismay*

oi. Like is there something shooper-dooper-speshul with the new models?
A better guarantee? More customer support? Bragging rights? wtf?
Check them out sure, someone'll buy one eventually and I'm sure we'll hear some feedback, but this 'oooooo-oooooo-ahhhhh' thingy... gah, maybe I'm over-reactin'....sry..

Seriously, I just do not understand this mindset at all.

Sheesh.

I can see where Sprig is coming from, but really, if you have the resources and reputation of a company like Stihl, are you going to release a new product without thoroughly field testing it first?? They have probably had prototypes of the 362 down in some remote area of the Amazon basin, knocking limbs off of cocobolo or some other rare hardwoods for a couple years now. When you are on top, you don't want to screw up.

I was never that impressed with the MS361 series saws I liked the 036/360 a little more.

Had to pick up some parts for the 372XP and the local Stihl dealer is on the way.

It is an Ace Hardware so they are not just a chain saw shop but they are nice people and I know the owner well.

The owner was not in, but a very young guy was there and eager to help.

I stopped to look at a 362 if you have one.

You mean a 360?

No a 362. It is a new model.

We have a 361.

Yes I know about that one, and all the time I am walking to the display on the other side of the store to see if a 362 is on the rack.

He goes with me.

Sadly, there is no 362. Well, I'll come back later.

He says, we won't have it.

Why?

We are not ordering any more saws.

You are going out of the Sthil business?

No, we just won't order any more until these sell.

Okay, maybe Stihl will send you one when the 361 sells.

Why would they do that?

The 362 is replacing that saw.

The 360 is being replaced?

No the 361 is being replaced. See you later.:)

''¨Well, I am not interested anyway, I have no need to fill the weight gap between the 361 ans the 372......:)

Sawtroll you should getcha a 362. Had my hands on one at the factory yesterday and got the full report on that saw. Stihl is very pleased with the full field tests reports on it. Its been out the the woods for quite awhile and all reports on it are A-ok. All the feild testers that used liked it better than the 361. Picking it up the slight added weight is not noticeable at all.

They also pulled a slick one with the 362 that will save them millions in production cost. Whoever thought of the idea probably got a raise out of this world....

Sawtroll you should getcha a 362. Had my hands on one at the factory yesterday and got the full report on that saw. Stihl is very pleased with the full field tests reports on it. Its been out the the woods for quite awhile and all reports on it are A-ok. All the feild testers that used liked it better than the 361. Picking it up the slight added weight is not noticeable at all.

They also pulled a slick one with the 362 that will save them millions in production cost. Whoever thought of the idea probably got a raise out of this world....

So what was the slick way to reduce production cost ???

So what was the slick way to reduce production cost ???

The 362 is the first pro Stihl made that will share its handle housing with another model of saw. That will eliminate 50-100,000 dollar in die cost for molding another tank housing, it will also eliminate separate production runs for two differant saw parts. Very slick idea indeed.....

The 362 is the first pro Stihl made that will share its handle housing with another model of saw. That will eliminate 50-100,000 dollar in die cost for molding another tank housing, it will also eliminate separate production runs for two differant saw parts. Very slick idea indeed.....
They're all the same. Just switch the stickers out. :)

Heck, Dolmar is almost that simple with the 6400, 7300, and 7900. Think Stihl is taking some lessons from them? :)

Ha, right. Alitttle secret for ya Space. Stihl has one building where they store product for worldwide shipping. Its a pretty big building with racks that go up about 40 feet. Building is about the size of 2 football fields. I bet there was at least 100 million worth of product in that building if not way more. So if Stihl has the entire worth of the whole Dolmar company in one storage buidling I think Dolmar should come get some lessons,hehe

dealer support is always hit or miss with all brands,I ran stihl saws only for years,I moved a 100 miles away from the dealer I was using for years.
the stihl dealers I found at my new location were all disorganized disasters,so I slowly switched over to dolmar because I found a dolmar dealer that is great to work with.
now I have found a stihl dealer near me that is also top notch,so the choice to buy my next saw could be dolmar or stihl!!!
the stihl dealer keeps asking when I am going to switch out those tomato saws for a stihl...funny guy.
the stihl dealer said all the reviews for the 362 are great,he said it is looking like every bit the saw the 361 is.
Thall if you were near me I would be runnin white and orange!!!!!

Latest posts

Back