What is your "crown jewel"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually , I have 3 saws that are of big interest......when I have visitors.
McCulloch BP1 (limited due to the engine burst but unknown numbers).
Como Comet Diesel (less than 1000 produced).
Pioneer P35 (only 2 in the world).

Alain,

It would be tough but my near mint Homie 750, Dolmar 166, 090AV, 090G(137) are probably my top picks. These saws have seen such low hours that from 10 feet away you wouldn't think they'ed been used at all. My near mint Poulan 655BP and Dolmar CT should get an honorable mention.

Guess mine would be...

The sp80..I got this saw from a member on here and he didnt BS me...It had some issues,,,but promised it would run,,good comp...I fixed the starter rope on it,,and it did fire,and felt great...Then to tear it down for a good clean up and paint job...Replace some parts that was worn out...Clutch and clutch cover was toast...Worn a hole tru the side where it came loose sometimes ago...
I was happy the way this saw came out....It'll never outcut any new saw,but it's strong,,and for Mcc's fans,,as I am,,looks pretty damn good....So this is my shoutout for Secureland...Thanks Bro for being honest,,and lettin me enjoy this saw...
Ty too when I was at the GTG at Erick's...Breymeyerfam. Levi's beautiful wife took this vd...TY for sharing that for me and my friends....

attachment.php

http://s716.photobucket.com/albums/...cks GTG 09/?action=view&current=stipesmac.flv

Well after my dog and 090 s/070 s and Contras my KS 43 would have to be one that Im fairly keen on .

Very Keen Dave. we need a cutting wood vid with it:popcorn::clap:

Thats one of only 2 saws on my want list.. the other is an older 3120

my list could get shorter if my wallet was just a bit thicker:cry:

2 crown jewels

I have a Husqvarna 55 & a Makita DCS 520 that I can depend on to
run & cut just by adding gas & oil, and letting them warm up a little.

One of my friends and neighbors has a Jonsered 2036 that is a reliable saw too;
it has stood up to being forced and used with a dull chain for several
years without failing.

Does anybody know where the 2036 was built?
It has a 1997 EPA sticker.

My 1-82, until I get a sp125, anyway. It's big, temperamental, loud, and powerful... and it gives the neighbors pause :greenchainsaw:

IMG_1554.jpg

My 372 because when there's work to be done, it's my "goto" saw.

372xp1.jpg

My Best

It would have to be my one owner,lightly used Pioneer P41 Western.Real proud of that saw,it was exactly as described when I got it.That doesn't mean that I won't try and get one of his big brothers someday.
Lawrence

Back