Second try at milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug01

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, I got the 394 hooked to the mill and gave it a go today. I really like the way it worked. A noticeable amount better than the muffler modded 372. The 394 is stock. I want to do the muffler but don't know exacly how I want to do it. I already get a lot of exhaust blow back as it is. Anyway, here are the pics.

Once I got into it it had some bad spots in the middle, but a couple of the slabs were really red and straight grained.

Yeah, it's hard to find them that size without some rot in the middle and/or around the knots. Whatcha gonna make with it?

BlackSmith- no problem, did you get one?

For now, I'm cutting the slabs to ~ 2x4" for gate frames and runner boards for a privacy fence. Once that is done and I get the lumber out of my shop I would like to start dabbling in some woodworking. Cedar chests and things of that sort. I think it would be really cool to have a finished product that you did every part of.

gone before I could find somebody to bid on it for me Woodbeard but thanks anywho...

Back