WHY do they wait ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
simple solution...

Expedite Fee.
You will get it a week from when you call.
You want it in 3 days? add 10%
You want it tomorrow? add 25%
You want it tonight? add 50%

why do they wait...short answer,cause they can.some people have trouble looking a day into the future let alone a whole week.good news is they called you.

hey looking into the future is scary. why do you think foutune tellers are always odd, and glenn beck is considered a nut.

Some folks just can't organise themselves, others like the attention, others are finding it tough in these hard times ... but for whatever reason its still darned cold out there and I wouldn't like to be them ... my neighbour called at my door yesterday asking if he could borrow a gallon of diesel for the car as he's run out ... I said sure I have some, off he went shouting back that he had a few pine trees I could cut ... to day I passed his car parked up on the road side ... looked like he was out of fuel !! he was long gone or I would have stopped, but it makes you think!!

Cheers

:)

Lots of good replies .

I usually have some on hand as I burn wood also .and I have delivered many times to people who were nearly or totally out .sometimes for free .. Seems like every one thinks Sunday is a normal wood delivery day .. I like Sunday off .. I need to get enough stock piled so I can do deliveries at odd times ..........

It all started in larger cities with the Supermarket. Everything they could want for groceries was all in one place waiting for them on the shelf. Now it is the Super Wal-Marts in nearly every small city across the US. Everything they want for the house inside and out can be found under one roof waiting for them including groceries. People no longer have to stock up on anything. People will go there 6-8-10 times a week to pick up something they are out of that day.

It is the difference between a consumer mentality and a producer mentality in America.

(Paraphrased from an Amway presentation) Fortunes have been made relying in the fact that people will buy neccessities today use it the same day and go back again tomorrow for more.

It is to convienent for most people to go to the store to get it and let the store keep it in stock rather than to have extras of anything around the house.

Some of us have grown up hearing "Waste not , Want not !"
Others grew up hearing "Spend it while you have it !"

They do it because they haven't been affected badly enough by their buying habits.

very true ,you have a lot of useful wisdom to share kswoodsman good post :clap:

Latest posts

Back