Need a Pro in Flagler county Fl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROOTSXROCKS

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Any fellow AS guys out there that works in the Flagler county area, My neighbor has some dead pines that need to go before they deteriorate, he is out of town and I need to get a quote for him.
2 need to be blocked down, 6 others can be dropped and left.

Any fellow AS guys out there that works in the Flagler county area, My neighbor has some dead pines that need to go before they deteriorate, he is out of town and I need to get a quote for him.

I'm heading down that way Feb 21st......is he in a rush? I'm sure you'll get lot's of bites from guys on here! Any pictures of em?

Damn I forgot about your being here treeseer
The thing is This guy is in NJ and thinks it will wait till bike week, but Ive seen these trees turn to dust really fast with the borers in them.
Ill go out and snap some pics now.

How come you can't do it? Don't climb? Just thought I'd ask.....I'm going down for part of bike week!:cheers:

I don't have the ropes nor the experience to climb and block down a dead pine.
I have dropped a lot of them that were safe but these two are not over my property they are over his house.
I got busy and forgot to take the pics before it got dark.

I don't have the ropes nor the experience to climb and block down a dead pine.
I have dropped a lot of them that were safe but these two are not over my property they are over his house.
I got busy and forgot to take the pics before it got dark.

Fair enough, pics after new years festivities, then we can give you a ball park! Have a happy new year!:cheers:

Things are slow around here right now... I probably would have said $800 stumps and all. Then I'd be kicking myself when it came time for clean-up. Looks like there's a decent bit of room though by the pics.

Unfortunately I have no plans of being out that way any time soon :mad:

Come to think of it... I do know a 20 yr+ climber that is MORE than qualified that was heading to Florida about a week ago last we spoke. I'll give him a call tomorrow and find out what part of Fl he's in.

Last edited:
Things are slow around here right now... I probably would have said $800 stumps and all. Then I'd be kicking myself when it came time for clean-up. Looks like there's a decent bit of room though by the pics.

Unfortunately I have no plans of being out that way any time soon :mad:

See, Like I said, Going out to bid-
I cant imagine doing residential, too cut-throat. People not covered by HOA dues and such , are not spending money on trees unless they have to and that is the guy with the lowest price. Usually a hack from the Pennysaver.
Jeff

Fair price Rope, from the pics anyway, unless they have the Pennysaver ads.
Jeff

Did not say I would sell it lol but that is about my bottom line for such work. If I blow one tire on the bucket just turned into a 600 day and that is if your lucky enought to get it done in a day. I used to bid 1500 when I was busy for a cleanup job like that but in this market 1k would be fair to both parties.

See, Like I said, Going out to bid-
I cant imagine doing residential, too cut-throat. People not covered by HOA dues and such , are not spending money on trees unless they have to and that is the guy with the lowest price. Usually a hack from the Pennysaver.
Jeff

You're right Jeff... I regret sticking to the residential market for as long as I have (too cut-throat). But if you put on a more professional image, get the work done FAST & safely, and use the right combination of equipment for the job, I've found you can remain competitive and profitable.

Just removed 10 blue spruce trees 50 to 70' in 11 hours (no stumpG) in a fairly tight area (fenced in back yard, house, wires, & landscaping) for $1775 revenue. Only had 2 climbers (myself included so there was only 1 on payroll) 1 groundsman for the whole day and one groundsman for half a day.

Of course things don't always go this well ( average $1000/day revenue )

The other thing I've found that helps is don't fight your competition, team up with them and build a good business-to-business relationship Keiretsu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiretsu

We all have our strengths and weaknesses. I've helped other tree services on their jobs strictly because they didn't have a bucket truck and it was one of those trees you would have to be crazy or stupid to climb.

I would have priced it at 800+grinder fee with full clean up, but im sure he will look at the penny saver guys, I just have concerns for my orange tree and nearby landscape. I have charged 600.00 for one of these size pines that was live, when I had a climber.

These two are climbable still, but that won't last for more than a few months .There is bit of lean and most of the limbs toward the house side, but still about 30 feet from the porch should limb down fast, customer won't want stump ground.

can be blocked down in 4' sections that will be disposed of in woods 75 feet away, experience shows 3 years it rots to dust anyhow. chipper can be brouht to back with smaller truck and chips left on site.

ROOTS ... Do you know what the average hourly rate is there is FL for one crew plus equipment (say 1-2 climbers, 1-2 grounds, chipper, chp truck ?

[stumpG & bucket trk are extra])

I suspect that it is higher than it is here in NE OH (Avg. $150/hr.)

Last edited:
ROOTS ... Do you know what the average hourly rate is there is FL for one crew plus equipment (say 1-2 climbers, 1-2 grounds, chipper, chp truck ?

[stumpG & bucket trk are extra])

I suspect that it is higher than it is here in NE OH (Avg. $150/hr.)

The average hourly rate varies from $150.00 to $185.00

Last edited:
I would have priced it at 800+grinder fee with full clean up, but im sure he will look at the penny saver guys, I just have concerns for my orange tree and nearby landscape. I have charged 600.00 for one of these size pines that was live, when I had a climber.

These two are climbable still, but that won't last for more than a few months .There is bit of lean and most of the limbs toward the house side, but still about 30 feet from the porch should limb down fast, customer won't want stump ground.

can be blocked down in 4' sections that will be disposed of in woods 75 feet away, experience shows 3 years it rots to dust anyhow. chipper can be brouht to back with smaller truck and chips left on site.

I would have it priced it at $1000.00 - $1200.00.
I know, we are in a rough situation. Homeowners are taking advantage of the economy.

Back