suspenders...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cody , that is an execellent photo of you in that Yellow cedar #### patch ....... And people wonder why Alaskans call it ,"the brush" ............ Thats a really great pic .. What kind of camera did you take it with .. You should be on a calander , The Stihl girls would love ya .!!.

. I HOPE YOU WERE GETTING ALOT PER BUSHEL !!

That pic was taken by a photographer for national geographic, and was brought to my attention by forestryworks. The story that they did was b.s. and I wish that I would not have participated...should have known better. The photographer was a cool lady and took like 600 pictures that day, and even fell a tree with some help from me. This is one of the only pics I have that she took other than the one that they published in the magazine. There was a lot of junk in my strip there, and I had to gut my strip in order to get to a few nicer ones that she wanted to take a picture of me falling. Here is a pic that a friend of mine took of her taking pics of me :dizzy: falling one of my "nicer" yellow cedar:

fallingwithcodymelisafarlow5.jpg

I was day baggin in that strip; $350 for six hours.

Cody was that first pic shot by a pro? It truly is a great pic. BTW gotta love the hoof jack. A real back saver, esp with draft horses.

Yeah, the hoof jacks are okay, I just don't like how flimsy they are when you are rasping hoof walls, so I built my own and I love it! Way more rigid.

08312021a.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sSLc64JGbDE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sSLc64JGbDE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sSLc64JGbDE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sSLc64JGbDE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
my local conservative talk show guy was just going on about this song-and the message. i thought of this thread. hoots. 'spenders for the 'hood-might be the next fed program.

don't have to look it up now...will give a looksee. (the duke)

Styles for fallers, loggers, firefighters...

http://wrightenterprises.com/

Good quality stuff, made in the USA, good warranty. :clap:

. Thanks for the link HillRat ... I,ve been wearing Wright spenders for some time now .. The newest pair I have is like 5 years old and I wear them most days .. .
I would like to see them use a nice big copper rivet and washer as I have lost the D ring a few times . One time in the morning with my key back with crayon on it and the bull buck got all over me for not writing the # on the butt and stump .... He was not impressed when I showed him I had lost the D ring and key back .. It is laying somewhere in the Cocoa Harbor area of Dall island ... Unless someone else found it ....

The heavy duty clip on suspenders work better if you clip them over belt loops - that makes the clips much tighter, otherwise they do end up flapping around.

That pic was taken by a photographer for national geographic, and was brought to my attention by forestryworks. The story that they did was b.s. and I wish that I would not have participated...should have known better. The photographer was a cool lady and took like 600 pictures that day, and even fell a tree with some help from me. This is one of the only pics I have that she took other than the one that they published in the magazine. There was a lot of junk in my strip there, and I had to gut my strip in order to get to a few nicer ones that she wanted to take a picture of me falling. Here is a pic that a friend of mine took of her taking pics of me :dizzy: falling one of my "nicer" yellow cedar:

I was day baggin in that strip; $350 for six hours.

tried to rep ya, but i'm out. looks like good clean air out there :clap:

. How do ya do tha ????

Look in the lower left hand corner of the post you want to rep. There are three symbols there. Left click on the middle one and a box will appear. Left click on the "I approve" or "I disapprove", add a comment, and left click on "add to reputation". Another box will appear thanking you, left click to make it go away and you're done.

I wear the better spenders from baileys, I made up some buttons and added them to an old leather belt. My wedges and other tools go onto the belt, since most of my pants dont have buttons the belt allows me to wear my suspenders with any pair of pants. I also find that the weight of my tools is better supported with the suspenders than just the belt alone.

I'll be buying a second pair of susspenders from baileys to put on my turn out gear at the fire house. The susspenders that are on my bunkers are about shot and the replacments provided arnt worth a darn either, ya get what you pay for I guess.

Weaver Suspender WARNING

what do you guys wear and where do y'all get 'em from?

My Weaver saddle is great - but I NEED suspenders when 'wearing' a saw, topside. So, I got the Weaver suspenders - well made ... BUT ...

The adjusters are way too large (pic below). These 'buckles' rubbed raw spots on arms and chest after ONE day of work. So, I replaced them with AWP tool belt suspenders from Lowes - worked perfectly.

Just a 'heads-up' -- it's a good product but try them before you buy them. Make sure they don't rub you wrong.

sad301-500.gif

Gettin rubbed the wong way

..The buckles on my bushlers suspenders wear holes in my shirts .....Right about the outside of the shirt pockets . Partly because I keep some stuff in my shirt pockets all the time . Partly because after I got hitched ,my wife fattened me up 40 lbs or so ...

It always amazed me why Wahington guys would NOT wear a saw pad , an their goo speners would last 1 season an be cut mostly thru from their saw bein on their shoulder ....... This year I,m making a set from Moose hide with the hair still on the pads . I got a moose hide under the snow in back of the shed .. The hide is 1/2 " thich over their hump .........I,ve got some old Wright spenders a sled dog ate the leathers off for me free of charge . I will make the back and front from that .....Get some buckles from Tandy leather an brass rivets & washers also .....And the square D rings . I prefer Starret key backs and the clip on them is almost too big for the regular ds

..The buckles on my bushlers suspenders wear holes in my shirts .....Right about the outside of the shirt pockets . Partly because I keep some stuff in my shirt pockets all the time . Partly because after I got hitched ,my wife fattened me up 40 lbs or so ...

It always amazed me why Wahington guys would NOT wear a saw pad , an their goo speners would last 1 season an be cut mostly thru from their saw bein on their shoulder ....... This year I,m making a set from Moose hide with the hair still on the pads . I got a moose hide under the snow in back of the shed .. The hide is 1/2 " thich over their hump .........I,ve got some old Wright spenders a sled dog ate the leathers off for me free of charge . I will make the back and front from that .....Get some buckles from Tandy leather an brass rivets & washers also .....And the square D rings . I prefer Starret key backs and the clip on them is almost too big for the regular ds

Hey Tramp, You ever try cutting the top off of an old pair of corks to use as a shoulder pad? Best I have ever used. This was passed on to me by my Dad, and it works great cuz you already have a natural curve (as long as you cut it off where it bends at the ankle) so that it protects your neck too. The first pic I posted in this thread (post #23) shows mine fairly well. Just wondering if you have ever seen or tried it. The Moose hide sounds like a good Idea :)

I used to have a harness that clipped to my work belt that I bought at a saw shop in Orofino Idaho. It was pretty sweet; all leather with sheep skin covering on the bottom of the leather pads that went around your shoulders like a yoke, with leather straps that clipped onto a work belt made by the same outfit. I believe they were made by a saddle shop somewhere around northern Idaho, but can't be certain? If I find a pic or a link I will post it. They are pretty sweet especially if a guy is going to pack an axe on his saw belt with one of those aluminum scabbards (used to be my regular garb when I was bushelin in a junk patch next to a creek and having to do a lot of wedge beatin. I got used to using a 6 pound axe with a 36" handle (or Silvey tree savers when they were warranted) when I was falling timber in Northern California, so there was no way I was going to pack that much weight around on my shoulders, not to mention the long handled axe, so I gave my harness away, and just got used to throwing my fallin axe to the trees where I knew I would need it, or just leaving it with my pack-sack and gas jugs.

Latest posts

Back