Pics of your set up for handling up to 20 cord

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolmen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just love looking at the pics of everyones set ups ... I say I'd like this and I'd like that, but actually have very little myself.

I have one good saw, homebuilt splitter and a borrowed tractor when I need her...

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

Please post your set up pics ...

Cheers

;)

That is a good looking setup. I like the way the splitter looks homemade or not. How does the carryall on the back of the tractor work? I have thought about building one.

Mac

i like that splitter too.

looks well made.

were these pictures taken on the one day the sun shines in Ireland?

Nice looking setup! I like the way you made your tray on the spliter removable with the pin! I might have to do something like that:)

My setup is a bit different, I use a Bobcat and grapple bucket and load logs on my trailer and haul them back to ground zero, this year I just piled them up and will buck and split and stack as I can. I use 5100 and 7900 for saws and I have a home built splitter as well. Me and a friend Maldeney another member here is planning on making a processor, we have a 773 bobcat Kubota diesel motor and pump, we will start working on it sometime this winter as we collect more parts for it.

Grapple4-05-08002-1.jpg

gtglogs002.jpg

miscoutdoor029.jpg

miscoutdoor031.jpg

miscoutdoor035.jpg

moresplitter001.jpg

Nice set up Gink. Can I have your 7900 please???? I would like to build me a custom wood splitter. I'm 6'5" and I'm tired of bending over or hunched over while splitting wood.

I just noticed a guy posted a CHOMPER on craigslist tonight. Check them out at www.chomper.net. Nice firewood processing unit.

Nice pics guys.

If deer season continues to be as abysmal as it's been so far, I might have the whole shebang in one place for a "family picture" this weekend.

I've been itching to "light the fires" and go on a full woodcutting day, but it hasn't worked out much yet, and I'm still waiting for snow for better skidding, but I ain't gonna hold off much longer.

Gink, how's your 4 way design working? I like the design, might copy it a bit if/when I rebuild mine.

Well I don't know how my 4-way works, LOL.I started to revamp it this spring and started moving and have yet to be able to finish it, I have about 5 hours of work left too...maybe this winter:cheers:

That is a good looking setup. I like the way the splitter looks homemade or not. How does the carryall on the back of the tractor work? I have thought about building one.

Mac

The one I borrow is old, but here is a link to a firm near me that make a modern version. I can take quite a load as you can see in the pic and that box is a 5' if you had a larger tractor and a 6' link box it would make light work of a tree.

http://www.nugentengineering.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=322&Itemid=300

Cheers

:)

looks well made.

were these pictures taken on the one day the sun shines in Ireland?

I know ... I know ... thats why I want to move ! I have some trees in rounds at the moment and it has been so wet I can't get them home ... but they are for 2010 and maybe 2011 so there's not much of a panic just yet!

Cheers

gink595 I like the look of the Bobcats but they are too expensive around here, unless its one well run in lol. Your set up is a heavy duty one ... very nice.

I seen a bobcat on the web with the logging attactment for taking down trees and I thought yea I need one of those :chainsaw:

A nice handy tractor with a grapple would please me at the moment.

Cheers

!

gink595 I like the look of the Bobcats but they are too expensive around here, unless its one well run in lol. Your set up is a heavy duty one ... very nice.

I seen a bobcat on the web with the logging attactment for taking down trees and I thought yea I need one of those :chainsaw:

A nice handy tractor with a grapple would please me at the moment.

Cheers

Right now that stuff is cheap here, I guess with the economy, it almost hard to give away! Mine is a 2001 and had 750 hrs on it when I bought it, I paid $14,500 for it, it is an enclosed cab with heat no air conditioning. I really didn't want to spend that much when I first starting looking but everything i looked at in my price range was junk. So I up'ed my price range! These things are terribly expensive to fix if your just farting around and not do it for money. But I couldn't live without one now!

Finally got around to getting my splitter finished, got a few minor things like support leg fitted, safety guard on the drive shaft, and a couple more spuds on the push plate ... oh and a new paint job ....

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

Thanks for looking, hope you approve ....

Cheers

pump to engine mounting

Looks to me like the shafts are not lined up . I think that is going to play havoc on your love joy coupling.

Hey Dolmen is that a old Massey Ferguson you have for a tractor. Looks kind of like my MHF 50 he have at the hunting land. How big is that Carry-all. you have looks about 36" deep by 5-6' wide. does it dump and what length do you cut your firewood too. Nice job on the splitter looks good. I like the wood table on the end.

You do good work , Keep the pics coming.

Beefie

Hey Dolmen is that a old Massey Ferguson you have for a tractor. Looks kind of like my MHF 50 he have at the hunting land. How big is that Carry-all. you have looks about 36" deep by 5-6' wide. does it dump and what length do you cut your firewood too. Nice job on the splitter looks good. I like the wood table on the end.

You do good work , Keep the pics coming.

Beefie

Its a borrowed tractor, its a David Brown 880 goes really well. The link box as we call them is 36'' x 5'6'' it does tip, but I usually build out of it ... you can see the last few loads built by the house, nice bit of ash which I cut at 10'' to fit our small stove.

Cheers

Where did all the wood come from ? I thought that all of you burnt turf !!:givebeer:

Our cousin Joe near Castletownbere calls us about once a week. Lately he's been whining about the cold (sic) weather you're having in Europe. "The lads are freezing their things off. What do you do in winter there in Maine ? You can't possibly work outdoors in below freezing. " When it goes below zero C, he brings the cows and sheep into the barn. No long underwear for sale in Ireland ? :monkey:

Where are you Dolmen ?

OK, I have to add some pics to this thread
I have 32 of these bins and move with forks on skid steer
2004678780041601002S500x500Q85.jpg

2671794270041601002S500x500Q85.jpg

2993129770041601002S500x500Q85.jpg

Looks like a nice setup. The only thing I wouldn't care for is running up the hour meter on a newer piece of equipment doing the job that much smaller lawn tractor engine could do.

Latest posts

Back