Jonsered 2050 - Not oiling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluscout

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've had the pump apart multiple times. Can't see anything wrong there. The rubber pieces on both sides of the pump barrel are clean as is the pump itself. Pump drive gear is good and the pump turns when the saw is started. Haven't flushed the tank yet but I get oil from the tank running out of the inside rubber piece before putting the pump barrel and outside rubber piece in place.
I'm not using lighter winter oil but the problem started in the summer.
This saw isn't very old. Used to use it quite a bit as a limb saw. Now it just makes me CRAZY!
Got any tips?

I've had the pump apart multiple times. Can't see anything wrong there. The rubber pieces on both sides of the pump barrel are clean as is the pump itself. Pump drive gear is good and the pump turns when the saw is started. Haven't flushed the tank yet but I get oil from the tank running out of the inside rubber piece before putting the pump barrel and outside rubber piece in place.
I'm not using lighter winter oil but the problem started in the summer.
This saw isn't very old. Used to use it quite a bit as a limb saw. Now it just makes me CRAZY!
Got any tips?

I'd replace the whole pump, and be certain the bar wasn't plugged enough to restrict oil flow enough to cause issue.
Also, you have the pump output "turned up" ? The screw on the bottom of the crank-case?

I would check the worm drive gear that drives the pump. I've seen a few that were stripped enough so that they wouldn't drive the pump. It only takes just a little spot on the worm to not drive it. Two different 455 Husky's that I worked on had the same problem, changed the drive gear and they were fine.

I would check the worm drive gear that drives the pump. I've seen a few that were stripped enough so that they wouldn't drive the pump. It only takes just a little spot on the worm to not drive it. Two different 455 Husky's that I worked on had the same problem, changed the drive gear and they were fine.

Indeed, good point.

I didn't think the oil volume was adjustable on this saw. I think I looked when this problem first started. I may be thinking about the wrong saw. At any rate I haven't made any adjustments. I'll have to go out to the shop and check again.
If I can see the pump turning when the saw is running can I assume that the worm gear is good? I would think that it would either turn or not.

Latest posts

Back