Climbing with a pole saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been there... done that... ripped up the T-shirt and threw it away. :hmm3grin2orange:

That's was an old joke that I'm sure a lot of participants of this thread will get. :D

Wraptor??? Never heard of it. Gonna have to check out the wrapter thread now. You've made me curious... ;)

Looks like someone is gonna have to start a new thread on that thing now.

Maybe it goes a bit better. :)

I'm wondering if everyone is gonna throw away their ascenders eventually on account of this thing.

I used to hate footlocking back when I did more of that sort of work. This thing seems like it would be a nice solution.

My philosophy is that I'm not doing tree work for exercise, I'm doing it for money. A device that'll help me make money by getting more done, faster, and with less effort... is worth the price.

I had the opportunity last March to be one of the first people to fly on one, in North Carolina, And again at our TreeHouse GTG in California last June.

Here's one of the vids from the GTG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-xOXRKRCqU

Not bad for a first-timer on a prototype unit. The production ones really haul azz.

Last edited:
Sweet!

I looked a bit slower than in that other vid at the beginning of TV's thread to me though??

I gotta wonder how anyone can trust a rope set that high without being able to see exactly what its tied onto also?

Sorry I missed the last part of your post about it being a prototype.

Last edited:
Well, we do it now with SRT, don't we? Set our ropes where they may be out of sight? Of course we yank on them to check them. :dizzy:

That rope was set about 230 feet or so up, and there was a couple of guys already up there; if you look, you can see the tail of someone's climb line wiggling up top. :cheers:

I've never done the srt thing - never even seen anybody do it on a job. not saying anything negative about it... cuz I dont know

I do try and stay up with new things though, thats one of the reasons I come here.

Latest posts

Back