fiskars super splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was going to get one of these from baileys but there out of stock and wont have any in till middle of month in march.. was wondering if there are any other reputable dealers that I could order one from... thanks

I saw them at Sears for the same $40...

By the way, I got mine in the mail from Bailey's (already had an order anyway) last week, and it's AWESOME!

Mike

Got a couple awhile back from Menard's on an end of season clearance for $17 bucks apiece. Got a hatchet and chopping axe too for the same deal. Who knows, maybe one of the big chain outlets will do the same here soon.

Blessings in Christ Yeshua,

TS

Ya they have the splitting axe here too, but not the 4 lb maul. I guess our govt. figures we'll hurt ourselves with it.

It's not yourselves they are worried about.

lol

Blessings in Christ Yeshua

well I placed an order on amazon for one today.. hated to do so ( wanted to get from baileys ) but I want to get one soon as possible and looks like it will be here in about 5 to 7 days..

I talked a friend into buying one as well...ordered from Amazon for the same reason!

(Hint hint to our dear sponsor Baileys :D )

He had been talking about buying a log splitter.

As he lives too far away for me to justify borrowing it, so I told him he didn't need a splitter.

I demonstrated by demolish one of the red oak rounds that defied him and his maul. Told when his comes in I'll give him a lesson since his problem was part tool, part technique. Plus you need to know how to use a Fiskars so you don't remove body appendages.

I talked a friend into buying one as well...ordered from Amazon for the same reason!

(Hint hint to our dear sponsor Baileys :D )

He had been talking about buying a log splitter.

As he lives too far away for me to justify borrowing it, so I told him he didn't need a splitter.

I demonstrated by demolish one of the red oak rounds that defied him and his maul. Told when his comes in I'll give him a lesson since his problem was part tool, part technique. Plus you need to know how to use a Fiskars so you don't remove body appendages.

Gr8 job!! Thats the way we wanna do it!!
:cheers:

Here's a decent tactic for the relatively rare occasion that the SS gets stuck. If you are one who splits from the edge of the piece, (the best way, really, depending on size of the round) You can use another SS to hit from the opposite side at the spot the crack appears to be heading. (If you are comfortable with your accuracy) This increases your leverage, usually resulting in a finished split. Another tactic which works quite well, should your SS get stuck in a round, is to employ two long levers (those long solid bars with flattened ends work well) inserted near the head of SS and pop the piece open.

Blessings in Christ Yeshua

Back