History of Bow Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never got the hang of using a bowsaw, I have seen others use them like they were attached at birth.

I can't understand either why they seem to have been very popular in the US in the past, and none of them were introduced in europe. Everyone having a peek at my collection and seeing my single bow bar Mac asks..".what the heck is that bar for?"

I always reply..."it's an american thing, nobody really understands"...:laugh::laugh:

Homelite 5-20 L
cut596.jpg

cut600.jpg

cut598.jpg

cut603.jpg

You had got my curiosity up so I did a search and found this great article!!!:yourock: Ive gotta see if I can find a bow bar for one of my 460's just to play with.
My question is this though, I noticed some of the saws had skip chain and others did not, which is the preferred chain for the bow and does it depend on bar length?

Also Ive never heard of the "Sally Saw", so yet another informative search!!
Thanks gentlemen for the great information!!:bowdown:

Wow, what a collection. I can't believe I've overlooked this thread for so long. Thanks for taking the time to put all this together, I've been schooled. :cheers:

Back