Allergies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.W Younger

ass kissing impaired
Reaction score
I woke up this mornining with a sore troat, spent most of the day yesterday cuttin, trying to get as much wood on the ground as possible before the sap rising gets worse.
On the way to get the paper saw what I thought was a cloud of smoke but looking closer seen it was coming from a cedar tree. Darn thing looked like it was on fire.
Sure dread this pollen thing.

I'm with you there, I pound Zyrtec, or what ever works from April first right through July. It doesn't help I'm knee deep in saw dust and grass clippings 6 days a week.

go to your doctor have them see what your allergic too. They can give you a shot that will desensitize you to certain allergens. Having a little exposure year round can help too it keeps you from resensitizing in the off season

He's right, get it figured out. I have a ragweed allergy that almost put me in the hospital due to breathing problems (prednesone kept me out). Wound up taking desensitization shots for a long time , maybe once a week for a year? Still have a little bit of reaction when it's pollenating, but only about 5 or ten percent of what I used to get. Over the counter stuff keeps it under control now!

Just when you think your all alone. I start the shots next week, seems like things got worse over the years. Doc told me alcohol works against the pills.

Just shoot me LOL.:cheers:

When all else fails, a Kenalog shot in the hinie will get you over the really bad hump. It's a steroid, though, so you should only do it once a year.

Last time I was at the Dr. for my allergies 2 years ago, he said there was no allergy shot any more, and all that they did was give you prescription strength allergy pills. Sounds like the bastard is full of it.

I woke up this mornining with a sore troat, spent most of the day yesterday cuttin, trying to get as much wood on the ground as possible before the sap rising gets worse.
On the way to get the paper saw what I thought was a cloud of smoke but looking closer seen it was coming from a cedar tree. Darn thing looked like it was on fire.
Sure dread this pollen thing.

Where you cutting Black Walnut ?

Latest posts

Back