so i bought an 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapskate

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
got an 090 at a farm auction today, and i know nothing about it. i think it'll run, it sputtered a little before the pull cord broke. everything seems pretty clean and in good shape, except the rear handle is broken and has been patched, also the top handle is bent. as clean as the carb is, i'd say it been rebuilt. came with a 30" hardnose bar with a chain i have never seen before, it says the gauge is 1.6? center to center of any three rivets on the chain is around an inch- this chain is huge! so.... do i sell it, fix it up a little and keep it, or what? i always kinda wanted an 090, just never thought i would come across one i could afford. BTW- how many cc? will post pics this evening.

it wasn't free, but i think i did pretty good. i'm sure if any of you guys were there i wouldn't have come home with it. last pic is of the weird chain- thats 3/8s .050 chain next to it for comparison.
uninventivealias
[/URL][/IMG]
uninventivealias
[/URL][/IMG]
uninventivealias
[/URL][/IMG]

Where at in Ohio? I am normally at an auction on the weekends in North Central Ohio. I have picked up some good deals, but have yet to see an 090 at one. Nice score, want to make a buck on it? Shoot me a PM if you do.

I was at the auction and bid on the saw. Stihl wondering If I should have went more on it. How long was the bigger of the 2 bars that came with it? What was your bid limit? Good luck with it and let us know how you make out with it.:chainsaw:

I was at the auction and bid on the saw. Stihl wondering If I should have went more on it. How long was the bigger of the 2 bars that came with it? What was your bid limit? Good luck with it and let us know how you make out with it.:chainsaw:
yeah, well i was hoping to pick it up under 300, but i guess i paid a touch more. still not a bad deal, i think. its in pretty good shape other than the handles. the other bar is a 42" sprocket nose stihl. the pictures were supposed to be clickable thumbnails. what did you want to see?
SL733373.jpg
[/IMG]

yeah, well i was hoping to pick it up under 300, but i guess i paid a touch more. still not a bad deal, i think. its in pretty good shape other than the handles. the other bar is a 42" sprocket nose stihl. the pictures were supposed to be clickable thumbnails. what did you want to see?
SL733373.jpg
[/IMG]

even if you paid 400 and have to rebuils not a bad deal

that beast runs, idles and cuts great. what a brute, though. is 24/1 mix good enough for it? it is synthetic 2 stroke oil.

A lot of guys ,me included, run 40/1 in everything and never have any trouble .I would think a 090 would be okay too. You got a good buy on a monster saw..:cheers:

Congrats on your "Monster Saw"!!:greenchainsaw: I run Stihl Ultra at 40 to 1 for all my saws new or old. We need a video of her in action!!

yeah, i use 40:1 in everything too, just wanted to be sure. i'll try to get my aunt to do a video, as i don't have the stuff or the know how. i do need a new chain as the one on it has been so abused its pretty well shot.

Latest posts

Back