Some Videos from this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ric, that looked like a good day! Got to love the 1050, hard to beat cubic inches. :greenchainsaw: You got it running well, as is the Dayton.

As soon as I seen the one labled Dayton Noodle attempt, I knew what was going to happen. There isnt alot of room under those clutch covers.

Honestly though till last fall I never tried to noodle with a saw that I can remember. Must be getting old as I had to noodle the last 2 pieces off that tree to get them up in the trailer. You can guess what saw I had to do it with, yep a 245 and it plugged up the same way.

My 5100s wanted to jamb up when noodling. I took the chain catcher off and it was fine then. :clap:

My 5100s wanted to jamb up when noodling. I took the chain catcher off and it was fine then. :clap:

The 6401 I have noodles really well stock. I had to throw that noodle video attempt in there just for you. But as you can see the saw isn't as painful as the last video you saw. She is running top notch now :cheers:

I have noticed though that older saws will not noodle or rip like the newer saws do. They all seem to jam up easily. The Homelite 1020 I have would noodle good except the wrap bar gets in the way and that's the end of that. Now that it has the oiler on it though I'll never attempt it with it again.

I really like the torque of the Dayton and the 925. One more little tweak on the carb as the weather changes here and they should be 100%. The dayton carb has not been touched from last time it was run and tuned 2 months ago.

There is alot more wood there but it's all large pine. They used the blade on the skidder and just pushed it aside to rot. I'm gonna bring my Kawasaki Brute Force 4x4 with me next time and use the wince to skid the stuff out where i can cut it safely.

Great vids!! You have some cool, good running saws. You look like a young guy but you really should use some ear protection before its too late, you will be glad you did.:cheers:

Great vids!! You have some cool, good running saws. You look like a young guy but you really should use some ear protection before its too late, you will be glad you did.:cheers:

Thanks. I'm only 27 but my hearing isn't that good as it is so I really should be using some to preserve what I have left. I really hate to muffle that nice sound though.

Thanks. I'm only 27 but my hearing isn't that good as it is so I really should be using some to preserve what I have left. I really hate to muffle that nice sound though.

Plug up or you will hear the sweet sound 24/7. I have McCullochs singing at all times, I'm 3/4s deaf, but I can still hear nipples on silk.

Latest posts

Back