Kent Woodstoves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvwheeler

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking at what i think must be a kent tile fire woodstove for $300 Canadian.It is in as new condition even though it is well over 10 yrs old.It was used in a bunkie and only fired 2-3 times per year.It has ceramic tiles on the sides,6" flue.and a 18" deep firebox.It seems kinda small,but will it heat a 1200 sq ft well insulated home?Half of the basement will also be heated.My existing propane furnace is only 40,000 btu.It seems to have a very small loading door,(8" high) which i dont like very much....I was looking at a Napoleon 1450 (new) but the $1000 savings would go a long way toward installing my insulated stovepipes...I have access to free wood as well.
Any comments?
TIA
Steve

Last edited:
I have the same stove in my house(1450 sq ft) and I love it. It puts out more heat than you would expect. I can fill it full with oak at 10pm and at 6am it still has red hot coals. I would love to find a deal like that around here for a back up in the future. I use about 2 face cords a month, Oct thru March when burning oak 24/7.

I don't know anything about that particular stove, but let me convey this thought:

Do your research, do it right the first time. A properly installed highly efficient wood-burning appliance pays dividends for years. With the access to wood you will literally pay yourself thousand of dollars over the next few years, if you do it right. IMO it's a way better investment than the stockmarket right now.

I am looking at what i think must be a kent tile fire woodstove for $300 Canadian.It is in as new condition even though it is well over 10 yrs old.It was used in a bunkie and only fired 2-3 times per year.It has ceramic tiles on the sides,6" flue.and a 18" deep firebox.It seems kinda small,but will it heat a 1200 sq ft well insulated home?Half of the basement will also be heated.My existing propane furnace is only 40,000 btu.It seems to have a very small loading door,(8" high) which i dont like very much....I was looking at a Napoleon 1450 (new) but the $1000 savings would go a long way toward installing my insulated stovepipes...I have access to free wood as well.
Any comments?
TIA
Steve

Here is some history on Kent: http://**********/econtent/index.php/wiki/Kent_Tile_Fire/

I don't know anything about that particular stove, but let me convey this thought:

Do your research, do it right the first time. A properly installed highly efficient wood-burning appliance pays dividends for years. With the access to wood you will literally pay yourself thousand of dollars over the next few years, if you do it right. IMO it's a way better investment than the stockmarket right now.

Ain't that the truth!!!:clap:

I have the same stove in my house(1450 sq ft) and I love it. It puts out more heat than you would expect. I can fill it full with oak at 10pm and at 6am it still has red hot coals. I would love to find a deal like that around here for a back up in the future. I use about 2 face cords a month, Oct thru March when burning oak 24/7.

Hello SAWFISH, I was doing a google search on this stove to list one on ebay when I stumbled across this place and this thread. If you're still looking for a back up, I've got one with some pipe and other stuff. Bought it last fall with intent of installing it because my homeowners ins. company said 'no problemo' until I wanted to get the rider for it... then it became a problem because i live in a manufactured home... they wont cover me if I have a wood stove. if you're still looking fo one, here in Michigan ... shoot me a response. Otherwise I'll go ahead and list it on ebay... its just taking up space in my dining room now.

Back