VERY ANGY. NOT HAPPY (string trimmers)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who cares, as long as it still doesn't run on streight gas? :confused:

Because a lot of folks trim with their trimmer on its side or even upside down and a four mix will run indefinitely in any position while a 4-stroke with a sump and a pump will eventually run out of oil in one position or another.

:cheers:

hot redhead. just smokin eh.

but she only takes 4 strokes

That may be good 'cause if she is that hot and a redhead to boot, four strokes would be about all I could muster.

Tell me more about this dolmar. Mostly though, how much do they cost.

It weighs just over 8 lbs.
It has a solid straight shaft with a lifetime warranty.
It will run a grass blade and not void the warranty.
My dealer sells them for around $230.00+tx.
I will have one as soon as it gets to the top of the list and the funds become available.

I will be glad to answer any questions that the above didn't cover.
If I don't know the answer, I will get it for you a.s.a.p.

Mike

I can't even grasp the concept of buying a weedeater. This time of year I'm fixing 8 or 10 a week, and have a bunch for parts. Right now I'm using a Husqvarna, I couldn't even tell you what the model number is. Tomorrow I might sell it and fix up an old junker to use...who knows? I'm just gonna cut some weeds with it...:dizzy:

I ran a Dolmar MS-22, and for a light weight trimmer it's not just good, it's awesome.

The 110 and all 4 mix engines are 4 stroke end of story. I feel not having an oil sump is a huge advantage IMHO.:cheers:

Last edited:
I don't see one 4 stroke saw in your sig, what's the big hangup on the 4 stroke thing? It's not like you don't have premix around anyway?

I don't see one 4 stroke saw in your sig, what's the big hangup on the 4 stroke thing? It's not like you don't have premix around anyway?

:agree2: and I wouldn't trade my FS110 for any trimmer, it takes a liking and keeps on ticking. I wasn't trying to down the 4 mix trimmers, quite the opposite actually.

Last edited:
I was kinda thinking that the 4T would be a little better deal based on my very limited usage and them burning strait gas. Hence looking at strait gas buring "cheapy" models. I do have and always will have mixed fuel on hand so its not the end of the world. That and it doesn't take much power to trim turf grass around 3 small trees. But you can't have everything so I'm gonna look around a bit more.

Sorry, previous post was to the O. P. I have the 110 also, and it puts a smile on my face every time I run it. Sadly, I am almost always trying some POS out that I repaired, so my 110 hardly ever gets used. Today it was a Homelite ST-275. My hands are still vibrating.

:agree2: and I wouldn't trade my FS110 for any trimmer, it takes a liking and keeps on ticking. I wasn't trying to down the 4 mix trimmers, quite the opposite actually.

I kinda like my little Ryobi since I ported it.
Stock it was a DAWG!
Runs pretty good now...............for an old junk!

Mike

I was kinda thinking that the 4T would be a little better deal based on my very limited usage and them burning strait gas. Hence looking at strait gas buring "cheapy" models. I do have and always will have mixed fuel on hand so its not the end of the world. That and it doesn't take much power to trim turf grass around 3 small trees. But you can't have everything so I'm gonna look around a bit more.

For your needs the little Dolmer, or a Home Depot Echo trimmer would be all you'd ever need. Echo trimmers, even the small ones are top of the line and they last forever.

Ive got a stihl KM-130R and the thing is a beast, I put a brush blade on it and go to town in my back yard... probably close to 1 acre of weed wacking... its all hills and trees and brush... and invasive speacies... but then again, I didn't pay for it... I traded work for it. At least look in passing at the Stihl KM series, the fact that it has other heads might get it used more in your fleet of tools... It does for me.:cheers:

P.S. The 4 Mix engine is awsome, with the three blade brush blade it will just chop through a 1 1/2 to 2 inch sappling... Not saying its good for it, but till do it :)

Back in the day I used to work for the local municipal parks department in one of the city parks. We had around 8 miles of road ways to maintain the sides of. The vegatation was typical tough native weeds and we trimmed 4-6 feet in. The city was on the green trip so we had honduhs. Those had to be the heaviest most under powered heaping POS's there ever was. I hated those things, the heads were garbage and it was a constant struggle to keep them going. Pure junk. I finally convinced the boss to try a 4mix. Man what a difference!! The 4 mix actually had the power to cut native weeds, the head survived a brush with a couple sticks, and I didn't have to fight to keep it going. That was hands down the best weed eater I've ever ran. Sadly is wasn't green enough for the city so I had to live with the honduhs. If I need that kinda power for sure a 4mix would be the answer

I've been considering going to Rural King and buying one of the Poulan straight shaft trimmers that are on sale. They're not 4 cycle and I don't know about the bump head but they can be changed easily. Personally, I wouldn't want a 4 cycle.

Back