Got me a 560XP sittin' here boys!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got me a nice 560XP prototype sitting on the counter here at the store. :clap: Going to take some pics tonight and figure out how to post them. Taking it home to cut and do some comparisons. It's my "date" tonight. LOL! Only a few of these in the country, and it's the only one in the northeast. I'm told to run the snot out of it for the next week or two, and then send it back for tear down. Any GTG's coming up? :cheers:

Visually, this thing is really different from what we are used to. Different enough that some guys aren't going to like it. (It has an ugly gray top that will not be on the production version, otherwise I like it.) Slim design, and slightly longer than a 357. Real good balance as your hands are a little farther apart. It is noticeably lighter than a 357 we are comparing it to, and the 357 has no fuel or oil in it. Cylinder is not straight up and down; angled back around 30 degrees sort of like a Stihl. Outboard clutch. (Sorry Pete.) Very smooth anti-vibe. Power seems really good, but I want to compare it to a couple of other saws before I start beating the drum on how good the thing runs. Has auto-tune of course. 560 is a narrow tail bar, and this one came with a .325 rim, so I'll try and change that and run it both ways. Has the captured bar nuts for you guys that lose them all the time.

Gotta get back to work.....................

Sounds very interesing. Will this be the first strato saw to be lighter than what it replaces?

There's a GTG in southwestern KY next weekend.

Geez, that's a long ride. :dizzy:

Yeah, I guess it's the first strato that isn't a porker. :givebeer:

Thing is taching out at 14,000 too.

Sorry about no pics yet, but the camera is at home. Then we have dial up.....but at some point, we'll all have a look here.

I had a picture shown to me a while back of what was supposed to be the 560 but I never said anything here or thought much of it cause it was a little Stihl MS270ish in appearance :laugh:..... I guess it was the new 560 after all. :dunno:

The guy that was showing the pics said it was a nice saw but was nothing to really write home about..... can't say personally as I've never seen it in person much less ran it.... and it could just be that it is that much different that he just didn't like it.

I look forward to a good HONEST evaluation. ;) :cheers:

I had a picture shown to me a while back of what was supposed to be the 560 but I never said anything here or thought much of it cause it was a little Stihl MS270ish in appearance :laugh:..... I guess it was the new 560 after all. :dunno:

I look forward to a good HONEST evaluation. ;) :cheers:

Got kind of a wedge shape to it. Looks like the original Izuzu Impulse. LOL

You guys are gonna murder me if I don't come across with the pics tonight. Where the heck is Woodchucker81 when I need him??????

Latest posts

Back