Show off your crummys!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey RandyMac, nice Old CDF photo...

Looked like half the guys I went to HS with!

Old IHs were awesome trucks. I think the GMC had a 352 V6 as well IIRC , it was a torque monster.

Cal State park Rolling stock these days is pretty high falutin, crew cab f350 for our trail crew or Cummins -Dodge extended cab. But when i started volunteering 15 years ago the crummy for the trail crew was a 2wd chevy van with tool racks for the McLoeds and Mattocks right next to the side mounted second seat. Total heap. LOL Other one was a SWB full size ramcharger that was about unstoppable but drove like a cow with balance problem.

my turn

attachment.php

so i have to ask, whats the winch for? cause i know you don't pull that truck out of the mud with a 2500 lb winch...

What generation engine did you put in it? That's a good looking truck for sure.

Its a 1st gen out of a 91, so its intercooled, with the ve pump, the engine has over 450,000 miles on it but runs better than most cummins ive been around...its been a great pickup for me..i built it from the ground up, started out life as a 1ton 2wd srw. i then made it a drw 4x4, and now converted it to srw now as you see it.

thanks for the compliments!

I like those 1st gen engines. They make good power and are easy on fuel.

This Dodge has been pounded pretty hard hooking and falling, been a good rig. Kind of sad that I bought it with the intention of it being a "nice" truck, but as usual, it got crummied. Best I've had yet - Sam

To be honest Im a little appalled at the site and condition of some of these trucks.... would it be too much to take out the power washer once in a while or clean the 12" of leftover lunches off the floor?

I hope personal hygene holds a litte more weight with you guys than the crummy's do

Some of them looked better than my personal trucks I've had through the years. When I was farming some of mine looked worse. I had grass growing in the mud on the passenger side once. I took a water hose and sprayed it out when I noticed the grass growing.

Moss grows on them here. And why wash them? They just get trashed again, you notice the dings, scratches and dents after washing, and the mud is like an undercoating. :)

In that mindset..... why wash anything? Evrything just gets dirty again

Why even wash your own body?

Wellllll, moss might be a bit uncomfortable. And that's all I'm going to say about that. :eek:

Lol good man. But it sure can help guaard against sun burn on days like today:agree2:

You would not BELIEVE the grief I've gotten for letting my rig look beat-up. Stupid GSA. I work in the WOODS, fools. PLEASE don't be surprised by a few dents.

(Actually, our local GSA rep is very hip to what we're up to, and makes things happen very quickly and relatively cheaply. Unfortunately, he can't will paperwork out of existence.

Bummer, that.)

Suburbans were a favorite too.
CDF crewtruck, similar to the PL truck, lots more storage, crew of 10 in back.
Thecrew-1-1.jpg

Man I dig that big old IHC rig. Looks like a Loadstar 1900. What a motley crew that is...Who's the short lady with the XL925 next to the tall goofy guy one-handing the big Mac? Oh.......................and what's with the "UN Blue" hardhats???:monkey:

Short bus Hah ha. Somewhere I've got pics of our old IH buses, they were beasts. I got my CDL with one back in '74, the DMV part was easy, CDFs road test was difficult, lots of back and fill on log roads, at one point I had to back downhill for three miles. They had the 392 cid V8, with 5 speed/split axle, they were capable of fairly rough travel, only limited by their size. The Station at Redcrest had Jimmies with some sort of huge V6, not very fast, but you didn't have to "row" the gearbox like the IHs.

IHC power! :cheers:

GMC used to stand for Great Mountain Climber many years ago. Now it stands for government motor co.
That V-6 was probably a 305. They where pretty good old truck motors.

Old IHs were awesome trucks. I think the GMC had a 352 V6 as well IIRC , it was a torque monster.

Yep. Those GMC V6's were probably 305's or 351's. Lotsa torque. They also made both gas and diesel versions of a V12 that was basicaly two of those V6's. They had a unique sound. There's a couple of guys that have put up videos on youtube of those Jimmy V12's. A must see....

I've gotta shoot a few pics of my pea green 1971 IHC 1210 4WD 4-Door pickup (Called a Travelette by IHC). I believe it was a crummy sometime early in its life. Sure looks like it. May already have some pics stashed somewhere in the computer. 392V8 with a T34 OD five speed. Closed knuckle D44HD front axle which gives that 164" WB monster the turning radius of an ocean liner...

Back