Wood Shed Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

23putts

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
After two years of covering my wood with tarps and metal roofing I finally got my butt in gear and started converting our grape arbor into a woodshed. It was nice to have the basic structure already there. Got a buddy that owns a Redi-Mix and got a great deal on some concrete so decided to pour a pad. 12x24.

Still covered in grape vines.
attachment.php

Concrete poured. Putting trusses up
attachment.php

Trusses are up and the strips are on for the metal roof.
attachment.php

Metal is on the roof. Going to start closing it in tomorrow.
attachment.php

More to come....

That looks like it will do the trick. Nice job. Don't you like grapes anymore?

That looks like it will do the trick. Nice job. Don't you like grapes anymore?

I love grapes, made a couple gallons of wine from them the last two years, but the time has come to move on to better and drier wood!!!!!

At one time today it was 102.5 with 90% humidity...urgh!!

Late start today...gotter half framed...
attachment.php

Last edited:
Been hotter than three shades of red latley...Took the day off!!
attachment.php

Finished framing it up.
attachment.php

Framed the doors to accomodate my 6x12 trailer.
attachment.php

North side is almost finished.
attachment.php

Going to finish the siding tomorrow..:givebeer:

Last edited:
Looks good. You really beefed up the walls. That shed ain't going any place. Nice Job!!

I love posts like this... thanks for sharing!! Looks good. How about some electric to it? Maybe lights around or inside? A fan to circulate the air? Security camera, lol?

I'm having similar dilema...make my veggie garden half my backyard or store 20 cords of stacked wood... So far garden is winning. :)

Nice job.. are you leaving any openings for ait flow?

There is going to be a 6ft section I am not closing in that faces my furnace and plan on leaving the end doors open when theres no rain or snow. Probably not perfect for drying wood, but we will make do.

Thanks for all the nice coments. Never put up metal siding before, and have ran across a few things I would have done different, but for the most part its been an easy project. Yes, there is going to be electrical for a couple lights, no fan and security though...:dizzy:

Here are some updated pics.

Inside view..10x24
attachment.php

West side completed.
attachment.php

North side completed.
attachment.php

Two sides completed, two to go.
attachment.php

thats looking almost professional closed in:biggrinbounce2: just kidding looks awesome, makes me wish i had an extra building to use.

Back