Not dead yet, oh no, but close.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AOD

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Been down for awhile, moving computers, dying computers and now I have a blood clot in my right leg which is sucking. Been off work for a week and likely next week too, I'm all hobbling around and it hurts like crazy.

So, needless to say, no cutting for the AOD anytime soon. I had better hope my logs turn all emo or I won't have nothing to burn this winter.

yeah the docs orders suck, but I do what I can. Mostly it sucks I was stuck inside most of the day and it was nice out. It's cooling off now and I'm itchin to do some cutting.

I had thought I just pulled a muscle in my leg last weekend, and my fiancee Sara looks at it, says I am running a fever and my leg is purple, so off to the ER I go. Now I am just gimpy and laid up, but I can only do what they tell me. Might be around here more, I'm bored and stuff.

Are you on any blood thinners,or are they just hoping that clot dissolves? I hope it gets better real soon(I have tendinitis in my right shoulder so I feel for you) so you can get back to doing stuff again :)

Had a clot go to my lungs a couple years ago. You are much better off keeping it in your leg. No time to get all macho as this is the real deal. Take it easy and let time be your friend.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I'm off the saws right now myself so we can hang out here and amuse ourselves.

yup, don't mess around with a blood clot. isn't it nice to have a woman who cares? good on her for takin care of ya! take care and best wishes to you!

Man - Sorry to hear that!
Back in '78 my Grandfather died of a blood clot in his leg that broke up and went to his brain . :(

I feel for you being laid up, I'm looking forward to shots and back surgery in September and have been holding a Laz-y-boy down since July 4th, can't stand for more than 15 minutes without great pain. Can barely run my 660 to tune it.

Without the internet, a netbook, and Netflix I'd be ready for a mental institution.

So take all your meds, don't try to push it. I've heard rumors that it's better to stay above ground. No chain saws allowed after death.

Had a clot go to my lungs a couple years ago. You are much better off keeping it in your leg. No time to get all macho as this is the real deal. Take it easy and let time be your friend.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I'm off the saws right now myself so we can hang out here and amuse ourselves.

Ouchie, pulmonary embolism, that can be life threatening! AOD, once you get rid of it that clot, you need to get regular exercise. Your body is talking to you.

Problem with the net is unless someone else who gets on the site knows what happened, then no one knows. You just disappear one day & nobody has a clue. Got to be a way to solve that.
Keep it slow an low for a while, good women need good men around to take care of.
Steve W.

Been down for awhile, moving computers, dying computers and now I have a blood clot in my right leg which is sucking. Been off work for a week and likely next week too, I'm all hobbling around and it hurts like crazy.

So, needless to say, no cutting for the AOD anytime soon. I had better hope my logs turn all emo or I won't have nothing to burn this winter.

Nice saw lineup. Very nice!:greenchainsaw:

Take care of yourself, don't push it. Give this some time. If you're going stir crazy you can use this time to clean us your saws and do a little maintenance on them. Then you at least have a chance to see them and get them ready for when you're better.

Olyeller

Hey AOD good to hear your alive even though hurtin. Dude I work with was hospitalized for a week and the day he got out he got a clot in his leg. He was out 2 more weeks. He just came back and it looks like a truck hit him. Take it easy. :cheers:

AOD,

I have been on Coumadin (Warfarin Sodium) for the past 18 years. this is from DVT (deep vein thrombosis) I have to be careful of cuts and such.I don't mean to scare you but do what the docs say and all the others here. Warfarin sodium is what is in rat poison ,so needless to say ,I have a great love of cheese and grow long whiskers the good thing is the long tail can hang out of my chaps.

Take care ,soon you will be cuttin again:greenchainsaw:

Heck, I'll send him a cord if he wants to pick up the shipping. Seriously though I would think the members in his area could come up with some help.

sounds like we need a wood cutting party a AOD's

Who wants to fly me out there lol. Man that sucks about ur blood clot in ur leg but like said DO what the doctor says it is not time to be macho about this sort of thing I have heard people that wanted to prove the doctor wrong by being macho and guess what happened to them they are no longer with us . I may be new but I hope u get better soon.

Hey AOD, never talked with you before, but this seems about as good a time as any. All the advice you've gotten by everyone is good advice. Do what your doc says. Likely they will put you on Coumadin, and then test blood levels regularly. A bit of advice with Coumadin: Don't drink alcohol while on it. That will make it nearly impossible to regulate the blood levels if you do. My Dad found out the hard way, unfortunately by killing him. You can also look into a Greenfield Filter, it is designed to catch the clot if it breaks loose. Here is a couple of websites to check out if you are interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferior_vena_cava_filter

http://www.doereport.com/generateexhibit.php?ID=1039

Good luck!
Mark

Thanks guys.

They got me on the cumadin and this stuff called Loveno which is a shot and hurts like hell. The pain and swelling is going down, but it still hurts to walk.

I am off work another week, hopefully then I am back, I am going nuts and the loss of income is not good.

As for wood, I should be allright. I live in town so my wood has to be hauled in from the country, I got some folks willing to help me out.

I'll keep y'all posted.

I've been on Cumadin for two years. This requires frequent monitoring of my blood but it beats the alternative. After my recent surgery, they currently have me on Lovenox shots. I was on this once before and despite what everybody says, I've been lucky and have very little pain with these shots. Maybe it's that extra layer of "insulation" I have on my belly.

Not trying to steal your thread but just letting you know you're not alone. I just keep thinking things are a whole lot worse for some other folks. The other thing is I'm thankful they can do things in this era that a few short years of go would have been considered a miracle.

Don't let it get you down as there's still a lot of living to do. Still sucks not being able to run a saw.

Back