780 bucks for a 346? wtf?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokenbudget

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
so i get the idea that a want to buy a new toy, er tool:jester: call the local husqvarna dealer (g.c. hudsons) to get a price on a 346xp. i almost past out when he told me 780 bucks, with a 15" bar:dizzy:
holy a$$ crap batman! i don't care how good they are, i can get a new dolmar 7900, 2 extra bars/chains, case and a hat, plus have lunch money left over:censored:
why in the heck are they priced so freaking high? i've had a few of them pass through here and i see why people like them but thats just WAY to much for that saw.
oh well, i guess i'll just go on down to the crappy tire and get a poulan 4620:rock:

nah, one of them 46cc homelites from homedepot would be better:clap:

That seems to be the norm for Husky and its small saws. Back when the 242XP was coming to the end of its run we were paying close to $800 for them. Could pick up a 254 XP at the same time for $625.

It is just the way Husky is priced here in Ontario and the rest of Canada. I get the best prices around from my local dealer and they are still steep. This spring I paid $650 for my 346xp, and that was only because a customer had ordered one and left the dealer out to dry. I also bought a new 372xp to replace my xpg and it cost me $970, which is far better than the dealer 20 minutes down the road who wants $1109 for one:bang:. I guess I agree with sawtroll; depending on who you are and what you use the saw for, sometimes the money is the second consideration. I would gladly pay $650 for my 346xp again, although I have no money now to replace it--heres hoping it lasts!

Tim

The price picture varies between markets - I probably would have fewer Huskys than I have, if I lived in Canada. :popcorn:

hmmm, the jonny red 2153 i can gets for $699, but he can go lower than that he says. that might be a little more tempting.....
or the poulan4620 for 200 bucks:givebeer: from canadian tire

the j-red looks better, but i like the front handle better on the 346. at $780 a 260 with a little TW port work is probably cheaper.

nothing against stihl, but don't want another one:)
the dealers around here (not that it matters to much to me) leave a little to be desired. i'd rather give my money to deserving dealers.
the jonny seems to be the best bet so far.:)

$499 here. I'm fixin to buy another :)

There's a new 346xp on Ebay right now in Canada. Looked like a good deal for someone living up there.

round here you can throw in another 300 bucks over the price of that 346 and have 2 260's:dizzy:
makes you want to puke.:givebeer:

don't get me wrong. i like stihl, really do. but (big but) the last 3 i've had have been less than satisfactory.
ms260-bought new, lasted 3 years, always seemed to have an air leak, never could find it even with multiple pres./vac checks, 2 new carbs and countless hours at the dealer (s).

first ms660: lasted an hour on the sawmill, busted the pto side of the crank off at the bearing--warranty took care of that, however that saw lasted another week before burning up the crank bearings--that the dealer installed on the new crank.
they replaced the whole saw.
2nd ms660 lasted 2 years on the mill, not really much running, con. rod broke on the big end. no warning, no fits ,no noise. just stopped running, went to pull the rope and CLING CLING CLING CLING CLING!
never a problem out of my old 066 (which is still runing for a buddy) that had countless hours on it when i bought it. and way more countless hours of me using it. one of the reasons why i went and bought the 660.
replaced the 660 with a solo 694 and haven't looked back since.

meh, just my luck.:cheers:
i would have got it and it would've been crap anyway. i'm stuck paying full price or i get the p.o.s. that somebody threw together and get stuck paying again:)
one way or another i pay:chainsaw:

Fer cryin' out loud just drive over the bridge and pick up a Saw!! LOL!!

Has anyone ever figured out why the Huskys cost 50% more as soon as ya cross a line on a map?

It takes 20min. to paddle a canoe over here in most places.
A little face black, some night vision Goggles, the theme song from the A-Team on the Ipod.

If the Feds catch ya, just fake a Mexican accent, and tell 'em ya miss home in Cabo.
You'll get a free vacation, and can cross that border, buy a saw on the way back home....

Just sayin'.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Fer cryin' out loud just drive over the bridge and pick up a Saw!! LOL!!

Has anyone ever figured out why the Huskys cost 50% more as soon as ya cross a line on a map?

It takes 20min. to paddle a canoe over here in most places.
A little face black, some night vision Goggles, the theme song from the A-Team on the Ipod.

If the Feds catch ya, just fake a Mexican accent, and tell 'em ya miss home in Cabo.
You'll get a free vacation, and can cross that border, buy a saw on the way back home....

Just sayin'.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

do you not read or listen to the news? we do it all the time:) of course it's the cheap booze and cigerettes that keeps us coming back.
i don't have me valid passport to get across yet (still waiting), but i did think of that. 'course, after i pay all the extra fees when crossing the border i might not be too far off the original price.:greenchainsaw:

QUOTE=AOD;2427392]I paid $100 for my 346.

*hides*[/QUOTE]

:censored::chainsaw: you go to hell! YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!!!:chainsaw::chainsaw::censored:
i hope you get bleading hemeroids! and they get infected!

i'll give you double for it:greenchainsaw:

Once you get your passport, why don't you grab a crappy bar, cross the border, pick one up, put the crappy bar on it, rub some dirt and sawdust on it and take your used saw that you were just using at a friend's land back home with you?

Back