Is this worth $10?...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorlivin247

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A kid I work w/ brought this into work and wants $10 for it...It is locked up :confused: and the fuel tank is gone...Not sure if it is worth messing w/...Trying to clean up and all...:dizzy:

attachment.php

attachment.php

You've been on AS too long. ;) You don't need to fix the saw, just chuck it and find another $10 saw to hook to it.

:cheers:

It's probably worth the $10 just for scrap.

Looks like a water pump powered by an XL12/SXL powerhead. Don't worry about being locked up, you can usually break those free with a socket and some Marvel Mystery Oil. it'd be a fun project.

You've been on AS too long. ;) You don't need to fix the saw, just chuck it and find another $10 saw to hook to it.

:cheers:

Sold them all this week...:cry:

Looks like a water pump powered by an XL12/SXL powerhead. Don't worry about being locked up, you can usually break those free with a socket and some Marvel Mystery Oil. it'd be a fun project.

Not worried about it being lock up, just wonder if it would pump any water in good working condition?..

Old Homelite portable trash/suction pump. Don't know if you're lookin' to convert it into a chainsaw... but I would pass... but that's me...

Gary

Would not convert it, just repair and throw it in the back of the garage for the one time I would need it...The fact that I would not have it where I needed it at the time, just adds to the mix...:)

Yes, it's worth 10 bucks. It's got 10 bucks worth of XL-12 parts on it if nothing else

I want someone to tell me it is worth $100,000...:)

Just spent the last week cleaning out stuff I didn't have time to play w/...:cry:

I'm sure there could be imagined a situation where it would be worth 100.000, water rising, air running out, etc. I'd give 10 bucks for it.

Yep you will be correct its a AP125 Homelite pump

If you dont want it send it to me i will pay you the $ 10.00 for it

Yep you will be correct its a AP125 Homelite pump

If you dont want it send it to me i will pay you the $ 10.00 for it

Uh, Calvin, the AP125 is a little pump based on like a weed whacker motor. These are the XLS series. Think the XL-12 based one was like the XLS 1.54.

Dan

Back