weekend report 9/18-9/19

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbighump

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
i havent seen one of these threads in a while so here goes. what did everone do this weekend. i took the saws apart and cleaned them thouroghly sharpened my chains and gave them a short test run to ensure everthing was good. ran great on last aprils gas and stihl ultra mix.

i also fired up the splitter and my newly aquired snow thrower and got everthing running great. and to top it off i got to spend the day with the old lady and our beautiful baby aint life grand:cheers:

Got to test run my new log arch. Had a great bonfire with my sister and her boyfriend. Got to watch my german shepherd run off a couple pit bulls who were trying to attack our chickens. Worked on my home fabbed suitcase weights for the tractor. T'was a good weekend.

Wife and kid were out to Iowa this weekend so I was able to get quite a bit done, fixed the gas pump, restrung some fencing that had come down, cleaned up the shop a bit (seems like I don't make enough time for this in the summer), and of course cut some wood!! It was a nice weekend for that. Thinking I may clean up the house before the family comes home too, I think I can manage that while I'm watching football tonight!

Saturday, worked 8 hours and then went to a late graduation party, ate and drank a lot.
Sunday, did a brake job on the daughter's car, picked up 3 trailer loads of pallets for the end of the month gala, 6 of which I'm using to stack the rest of the 2011 wood. Looked at my buddy's boat that he damaged and is taking on water after grounding it. Smoked one pork loin that we started about noon, watched the sun set. Drank beer since about 2PM, currently eating pork loin, Rice O' Ronie and salad and typing on the arboristsite.com.

Today, with my firewood buddy (friend) Lefty loaded up the splitter and helped a young man who was hurt overseas (Army) and split all his wood for him. Then went back and split up a bunch of maple.
Not a bad day :)

My weekend is only half over as I worked Saturday, but have Monday off. Today was a great day, it started by going to my brother's house and felling a tree on his property. It was pretty simple, easy truck access, and my sister-in-law cooked up a tasty lunch in payment. When I got home with about 1/2 cord of wood in the truck I hopped on the golf cart and went to the neighbor's house to watch the end of the Nascar race and the Lion's game. Many Busch Light's were drank and the neighbor's brother helped me unload the truck after the race was over. Tomorrow I am going to the neighbor's brother's house to retrieve the wood from a decent size cherry tree thet he offered up mid-unload! Going back to work Tuesday afternoon is gonna be painful after such a great weekend!

Back