Upper Bucks.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
County that is, Lake Noximixson, rednecks and trees.
upperbucks033.jpg

I did see a cute little redneck chickie while I was up there but after awhile I think she was just pretending.

upperbucks031.jpg

The lake itself is 8 miles long maybe two miles wide. Those shot are tributaries. Lots to do up there, bouldering, state game land, they let the dam out in the spring and fall which turns the stream into almost class 4 rapids ( they say class 5 but ...). it runs through to the Delaware River, there is a dam down there that could really kill ya. Its been awhile and its nice to be working up there for a spell.

this one was over the wires, the last one was only over the wall. Both had something of a backlean,

upperbucks007.jpg

upperbucks010.jpg

the trunks.

upperbucks009.jpg

A small oak, I took that log.

upperbucks015.jpg

The whole back yard was something like this

upperbucks012.jpg

30 mins later it wasn't

upperbucks032.jpg

There, see that? If that don't prove I really am Treemandan then I just don't know what further I could.

As you can see I let the new kid tie on a rope there. My mistake. The first two days it was just me and HC, I worked the ground. The kid was there on the third. We still ain't done.

Oh, here is some black walnut, I took the good logs from that too.

upperbucks021.jpg

Last edited:
Yes and thanks, I try to get a good senic pic that depicts what is going on pretty well.
I did my fair share of chipping on this that is for sure. Mainly I am moving logs, stump grindings, topsoil and raking with the loader. Oh and also I have been egging on HC to rig up and take bigger pieces... but I figured you'd know that. To handle the manual raking I invested 25 dollars on this special rake that works rather well on grindings and smaller stuff; no good in long grass but what is?
I rolled home last night with another 2 cords of ash logs. I know, scary isn't it? Well, I just try to leave a big space cushion in front of the truck and take turns slow.
Been up there 4 days so that makes 4 loads so that roughly is about 6 or seven split cords. I have to go back to do a final clean up. The fourth day the stumps were done and topsoil on em but man that was some kind of mess when it comes down to it.

Nice work Dano. Seems you getting along with HC pretty well. What kind of chipper was that in the pics. Looks a bit like mine.

i know that place.

i live 20 minutes from there and fish at the dam and lake. I hunt along the lake and ajoining forrest . Big buck and large does in that area. Great pics treemandan, most of the houses along the lake have at alot of property and rocky to.

i live 20 minutes from there and fish at the dam and lake. I hunt along the lake and ajoining forrest . Big buck and large does in that area. Great pics treemandan, most of the houses along the lake have at alot of property and rocky to.

I think its granite. Sure are some decent cliffs and other formations in the area. I wonder if the big round boulders and such cam from the glaciers from Hamburg. We are headed up there soon.

The wife and I were at the lake a few months ago and rented a paddleboat-that was pretty fun! You're sitting just about a foot above the lake in this little plastic boat lol...

Back in the early 80's, in my "wild and crazy drinking days", my buddies and I would fish at night there, catching mostly catfish and eels. The drunker my one friend would get the more paranoid he'd get that an eel was under the dock trying to get him lol...One night, we were feeling pretty good, and I had the doors to my Mustang wide open, blasting a live version of Steppenwolf's "Born to be wild", and I got this feeling that I should shut it down, so I did. A few minutes later this truck comes barrel-assing in like gangbusters with the spotlight on us, and we're just sitting there fishing. He asked about the noise and we said "oh, yeah, there were some teenagers here but they left" and he said "well, it is prom night" and left-seems the president of the lake lived across the way and called about the music lol....another time that same buddy had a fight with his girlfriend, so I was up talking to her while he was down at the dock fishing; he kept flashing a light and she said "I think he's calling you" so I went down only to hear him cursing and throwing rocks in the lake because he had a monster fish on the line and lost it!!! Good times-thanks for the memories! :greenchainsaw:

Why move out to the country if you don't like trees. Dan, why did they want all those trees removed? It seems it would just make the yard hotter. Nice house, I love that type of stone house. How old would you say that house is?

Why move out to the country if you don't like trees. Dan, why did they want all those trees removed? It seems it would just make the yard hotter. Nice house, I love that type of stone house. How old would you say that house is?

Most were dead save for the spruce and two ash by the house which honestly could be construed as hazzardous.

Latest posts

Back