3 Boilers we have built

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman6666

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The 2 larger ones have 3500 gallons of water with the fireboxes 8ft round and 10ft deep the smaller one has 575gallons of water with a firebox of 6ft deep and 4ft wide they all have return water pumped through all doors before returning to the water jacket its alot of welding but kind of fun projects the door is off the smaller one and sitting on my welding table as we just sold that boiler and it is getting spray foamed tommorrow then tin and delivery.
www.procutfirewood.com

boilers004.jpg

boilers003.jpg

boilers002.jpg

boilers001.jpg

boilers005.jpg

Man! and I thought a wheel barrow load was a lot to throw in my boiler at one time! Hope you live somewhere with a lot of trees!

Everything is loaded with skid loaders we dont touch any wood by hand nor do we split any wood for these we put stumps crotches pallets anything to ugly to process into a sellable piece of firewood meets its demize in these.

www.procutfirewood.com

:jawdrop: those things are bad ass! if i had one of those bad boys id make out good after Christmas when everbody throws out there trees

3 weeks????????.....what are you heatin' a dog house?....

That particular boiler heats a 60x100ft shop with heated floors and another shop about half the size. If I remember correctly that one was filled 12 times last winter. Average between fills is about 2 weeks the longest we have went is 3 weeks the water temp in that one is 125 degrees as there is no need to have it any warmer when pumping through the concrete floors, shop is kept at 65-70 degrees all winter, also all the boilers are spray foamed every inch to help with heat loss.

I would imagine they work rather well as you have built three of them, but do you think the size of the draft door is large enough compared to the size of the firebox.? It would be an interesting experiment if anything, to try a larger door to perhaps allow a faster cycle time. At the same time, if it ain't broke, don't fix it....:cheers:

I would imagine they work rather well as you have built three of them, but do you think the size of the draft door is large enough compared to the size of the firebox.? It would be an interesting experiment if anything, to try a larger door to perhaps allow a faster cycle time. At the same time, if it ain't broke, don't fix it....:cheers:

The size of the draft door doesnt matter a whole lot the size of the forced air fan does as the larger ones definately require forced air this is key, for the big ones

Back