Chainsaw box for front of ATV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty99

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm wanting to mount a low profile design chainsaw case to the front rack of my ATV. The regular chainsaw cases are too bulky and stick up to high for my liking.

I'm wanting something that protects the saw from the elements and perhaps has a little room for files and some other tools, but thats about it.

I do alot of ATV riding and and always nice to have a saw handy.

I should mention the saw I want to keep on the ATV is a MS 250 with 16 inch bar.

Anybody modify and existing box. Would love to hear your ideas and see some pictures.

cheers

The one we use on the ATV at the farm is just a simple wooden rectangular box built years ago from plywood. Held on with bungees and holds a ms-310 and all the small fencing tools quite nice. Of course that is probably not what you are looking for!

Its not a box and I know its pricey $$$ but just to give you and others some ideas.

http://www.montanajacks.com/montanajacks-chainsawcarrier.aspx

:chainsaw:

They have a couple nice things, but prices are unbelievable. Check out the log skid
http://www.montanajacks.com/montanajacksquadskidderwchainkit.aspx

I use a metal milk crate. I can put my 2 gal gas can, gallon of bar oil and jam the small saw in there. Strapped down to the front using a ratchet tie down. Big saw goes in the tail box. It's not all that stable but for where I'm cutting right now, it's fine.

Here is what I use.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Made it out of scrap lumber and painted it flat black. Got a vinyl cutter, so the logo was simple. Serves its purpose. :cheers:

well mine is not protected, and it blocks the top head light, but most of my work around the farm is daylight work. I purchased about 8 of these at an auction for $40 and have strapped it on with zip ties. I pull it off in the winter when I use it to plow our short driveway.

I'm interested in finding a nicer box for my front rack that doesn't sit too high. Right now I'm using a plastic storage crate with a slot cut out for the saw bar but I think its too flimsy to hold up for the winter.(sorry for the small pic but you get the idea)

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back