Partner experts! 500 oiler question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nardoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a nice little Partner 500 with a worn plastic pinion gear. I still works OK but worries me. Will a Husqvarna 55 oil pump pinion and shaft transplant? It looks similar but I don't have a 55 on hand at the moment to compare.

I can get a Partner oiler from Scott at Chainsawr.com but at $25.00 plus $20.00 for shipping to Australia, I am wondering if it is worth it.

PA250740.jpg

Al.

Last edited:
Partner 500 Oiler Gear

I understand that there are several differant tooth count on these. You need to either match up the tooth count or get the crankshaft gear to go with it. The Husky 55 oiler may work. Check the part number against yours.

You are correct, your gear looks good and should give years of service.

Has to be a cheaper way than $45. I wonder if a 5000 has the same oiler, I may have one.

A 5000 is adjustable, but so is my 500, I will look at the 5000 carcass I have when I get home. I wouldn't worry about yours either, doesn't look that bad but you never know.

Has to be a cheaper way than $45. I wonder if a 5000 has the same oiler, I may have one.

A 5000 is adjustable, but so is my 500, I will look at the 5000 carcass I have when I get home. I wouldn't worry about yours either, doesn't look that bad but you never know.

I think the 490/590 Jonsered and the 500/5000 Partner used the same parts on the oiler. You are also correct about the gear count. Jonsered had an update for their oiler on the 490 around 1984 in which they increased flow by changing the thread pitch. You need a set or things won't match up.

Back