Wood shed for OWB finally finished

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scag52

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well kinda finished . I started out with a plan to buy a carport with some options at around 3,000. It ended up being 10,000 and losing a friend to boot . Well its all finished now with just a little odds and ends to wrap up. Sure has been nice whe nit rains. Heres the link .(60 pictures). I'll put up a couple of pics for the people with dial up.
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/scag52/Wood Shed for Outdoor Furnace/

962Copy.jpg

389Copy.jpg

048Copy.jpg

Wow, gotta be nice having that wood under cover. I'm considering a carport myself. Is there an exhaust fan somewhere in your building? I know how those things smoke out the door when loading. :greenchainsaw:

You will remember this moment for the rest of you life! Fantastic job! I look at my life now in terms of before the shed and after the shed. Kind of (BC)...(AC). Now it is BS..before shed...AS...After shed.

Make sure you have a fridge in there!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Well with a pole barn you concrete later . I think I'm just going to put down some 3/4 driveway stone. As far as smoke , i went with 3 doors, 8'slider ,16'slider and a 16' split slider. Gets plenty of air. What i didn't think about is the embers that come out from the stack occasionally. I think i'm going to take out the two skylights by the stack .I'm worried I'll burn the thing down. My insurance company wont add it to my policy .

When I build mine, I plan to keep the woodburner totally outside on the gable end (so the snow doesn't slid off the roof onto it and you) and access my wood on the inside through a 6' rollup door. This will keep all the smoke and embers and ashes outside, away from your wood supply.
Originally I planned to have the wood stove door protrude into a hole cut in the siding but that would let the smoke inside when you add wood. With the loading door just outside the rollup door, you are protected from the elements and any smoke and fire danger is outside. Of course I would have other sliding or overhead doors for filling the wood shed.

very nice,,,,,,i have plenty of room out back for one,,,,be more then happy to let you build another one,,least that way you get more pratice building them,,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

That is a very nice looking wood shed. Is that a Kubota B2710 with a Bushhog squealer rotary mower? If so that is the same setup I have without the loader.

Mac

I Had a price all worked out for the carport .3 grand. My friend who is a general contractor was over and says he can build it out of wood for that price if i help. Sounded good so i said lets do it . I gave him a four wheeler i had for sale for his commission. Knew him for years and ride dirt bikes with him so i really didn't hesitate giving him the bike early. Things started off good but fell apart quick. He just wouldn't't finish the job. I was sitting there with no written contract and he had the bike. It took all summer. I had a 32x48 pole building done in 4 days just to let you know how fast they go up.I had lots of arguments with him about the time and some real shady workmanship. One of his comments was its just a wood shed . Anyway I just couldn't't wait to get him out of there and we haven't spoke since. Don't plan on it either .I got 10,000 in this thing . They are advertised around here for 7,500 for the same size . Oh well its done.Lesson learned .No bodys getting paid until the job is finished. Man life is better with the dry wood and now i can leave my splitter and saws out there. So much nicer.

Well i think when I remove the two skylights near the chimney it should be fine . The inside is as safe as having a stove in the house.

You sure did it right. Well worth the time and money. I hope to do something like that next summer. I'd like my stove inside also. With the two large doors. you can load either way and open them in the summer time so the wood dries out. Nice Job!!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Well kinda finished . I started out with a plan to buy a carport with some options at around 3,000. It ended up being 10,000 and losing a friend to boot . Well its all finished now with just a little odds and ends to wrap up. Sure has been nice whe nit rains.

It makes your OWB an IWB! :hmm3grin2orange:

Are the skylight roofing sections plastic or fiberglass? I need to find some for my woodshed I'm designing and I can't remember what its called.

Latest posts

Back