Anyone in Massachusetts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloth9669

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well i know winter is starting and the wood stoves are starting up but this is for firewood this spring. I get a few grapples a year have a large splitter and dump trailer. What iam looking for is if someone is interested in working 6-8 hours and getting a cord of wood cut split and delivered for there efforts. I can deliver it to your house with in 20 or some miles of 01834. Further then that you are free to work and take your share of wood with you. The way i figure it is 8 hours at $25.00 and hour is 200 per cord ( avg. here is 250 ). Kid on the way and don't have the time i need to get as much as i want done. Anyone interested please let me know.

I am in mass but too far away. (01027) and going in for gut surgery tomorrow so I will be out of the wood cutting game for at least a month.

Wayyyy out west. Id like to buy some land out there for the weekend camp/hunting spot. Best of luck on the medical thing keep me posted and if you need anything i can help yea with let me know.....us massh&*%s need to look out for each other.

I am in mass but too far away. (01027) and going in for gut surgery tomorrow so I will be out of the wood cutting game for at least a month.

I'm within 20 minutes of you (01050)...if you need a hand while laid up just shoot me a PM.

....and yes, the Mass. contingent of AS has to stick together!:D

Thanks guys I have been lurking here for awhile, Got this years wood all done and ready, and have a pellet stove with two tons left over from last year. the wife "Should" be able to handle feeding them till I can.
I appreciate the offers more than you know. Off to baystate to get sliced up...

Buckethead you are just up the hill from me, I live in Westhampton not east. used to live in the center of Huntington for about 7 years..

Last edited:
If you were a little closer and were paying $25 / hour in CA$H instead of firewood......................................

I'm a bit too far, over near Worcester. Plus, I've got a 2-3 year supply sitting out back. However, shoot me a PM when the logs get there, and if I have time, I'll bring a few saws over and help you buck the logs up for free (or lunch!).

Bob

@ duct cash could be paid a little lower rate and id sell the one cord i would give.
@ rm i will keep this in mind any reason to try out new saws, meet a AS member, throw some chips, and have some eats ( my treat ) iam game.

Im also a little to far im down in 02038 and also to busy sorry.

If you dont mind who do you buy your loads from and how much do they run? How many cord do you average from a load?

Im also a little to far im down in 02038 and also to busy sorry.

If you dont mind who do you buy your loads from and how much do they run? How many cord do you average from a load?

I drive and work in your area everyday. It's a good 1:20min drive. I buy from land clearing company along nh boarder it's 90-120 per cord pending his trucking distance and 8 full cords per truck 2 trucks a year min. Maxed out at 7 trucks in one year.

I drive and work in your area everyday. It's a good 1:20min drive. I buy from land clearing company along nh boarder it's 90-120 per cord pending his trucking distance and 8 full cords per truck 2 trucks a year min. Maxed out at 7 trucks in one year.

Ug i remember those days used to drive from here to Providence everyday for 6 years. Thanks for the info on the truck loads thats a little more them im looking to spend right now. Truck loads are not easy to come buy around here.

Ug i remember those days used to drive from here to Providence everyday for 6 years. Thanks for the info on the truck loads thats a little more them im looking to spend right now. Truck loads are not easy to come buy around here.

there easy to come by if you know someone who works for a very large tree company.

If you wanted to work out a little cash deal and lunch I would be down to help. I am in RI but am up in Jaffrey NH all the time so the drive doesnt really bother me. Let me know.

@ duct cash could be paid a little lower rate and id sell the one cord i would give.
@ rm i will keep this in mind any reason to try out new saws, meet a AS member, throw some chips, and have some eats ( my treat ) iam game.

I'm in 01821, Have saws, safety gear, and a strong back. Would be interested in the hourly rate you would pay... Send me a PM if you're still looking for some help, maybe we can work something out.

Adam

Last edited:
Depending on the timing, I could be available just to come work with my 372... if maybe we could turn it into an MA gtg or something along those lines, it'd be cool.

01571 representin'

just thought i'd chime in and say thanks for the pricing info. had't really searched it out yet, but really good to know. sounds like leand clearing outfits are the way to buy grapple loads. i'm in 01879, keep me posted if a mass gtg happens.

I lilke the idea of a mass GTG have a 266se a 345 and maybe the super splitter would take a ride in the back of the truck..

hey come spring i go not issues having guys over to rip into 8 cords of logs. just as long as a little help splitting happens ill buy lunch. Also i have a TW-5 with log lift so no back breaking in the splitting dept.

Back