Lombard Super Lightning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodyWoodsWood

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of a Lombard saw? I just picked one up today, I know its old but I think old saws are neat. It says on the tag that the fuel mix should be a 16:1 ratio. Anyone know when the ratios got thinner?

Nice saw! I have the Lombard Lightning and wished it was a super. Oil went thin with better oil and then synthetic stuff. 16:1 was using SAE 30 motor oil. We used it in all the old Homelites and used oil for bar oil. Using the new stuff in the old saw won't hurt a thing.

They say "Need a picture...or it didn't happen".

Randy

View attachment 159900
There it is. Not as old as some I've seen but none the less it was free.:camera:

Just a diamond in the rough. Good decal on the clutch cover. Strong running little saws. Good firewood saw. Lot of torque. Welcome to the site. Here's the pic:

attachment.php

that's a neat old saw, it looks alot like a rebadged remington pl-7. i bet it's got some grunt.

Just went out to the garage and tinkered with it a bit and got the recoil to workin. It turns over and has spark. Now all i need to do is pull the plug and check compression. But its pretty dirty round there. What can you safely clean a saw with? I dont wanna use anything that can hurt the paint.

I think that Simple Green and a toothbrush should work. My experience with Simple Green (or similar bio-degreasers) is to keep them warm, not hot, and damp (with the degreaser) and let them work. Agitate the crud a little, and then rinse with warm water. I use an old ceder shingle split to a convenient size as a crud shovel.

Lombard

I used to work on those in the late '70s---they used to buy 600 at a time!! We sold a lot of them.
Best story I have---I was brought a new out of the box Lombard Super to run out and adjust before it was taken home---when adjusting the high speed jet, it went lean, I spun the jet out one full turn, it kept climbing and I knew something wasn't right but before I got my finger off the throttle, it spit the rod through the front of the gas tank!!! Yea, and the new owner was standing there. I just told him to go get another one and we would try it. He came back with a Stihl.

Good lugging saw, I got my dad one and he still has it.

Latest posts

Back