what do you guys think about this 7900?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James, I got a sells list from united rentals today. They have 2 2008 575 husqvarnas with a 24'' bar for $350.00 a piece. Dont know what cc they are or what shape there in, but might be worth checking on.

Hey Guys,
I really appreciate the input on the saws, I got the 460 for 570 which is prolly a bit too much but needed a good big saw soon and I had actually bought my 359 from the same seller and he is a good guy. Now the question is should I keep my 359 as an in between the 435 limber and the 460? The 460 has a 25 inch bar and I will probably order a 32 inch for her. The 435 has a 16 inch and is obviously just used for limbing. Should I keep the 359 as backup or ditch it? It is a great saw, muffler modded, all appropriate updates (boot clamp, have extra zama carb for it) also have a cartlon 24 inch german bar for it. It is under 10 tanks of use. I sort of want to sell it to help finance the 460 and I don't cut a ton of wood every year, it is just often big wood. Thanks, James

The husky dealer up here had a 460 with a 20" bar for $400 listed in the paper this week.

Yeah, thats another thing, didn't realize I had so many good local resources on this website, will definitely check next time. I had been scanning craigslist and whatnot regularly.

Hey Guys,
I really appreciate the input on the saws, I got the 460 for 570 which is prolly a bit too much but needed a good big saw soon and I had actually bought my 359 from the same seller and he is a good guy. Now the question is should I keep my 359 as an in between the 435 limber and the 460? The 460 has a 25 inch bar and I will probably order a 32 inch for her. The 435 has a 16 inch and is obviously just used for limbing. Should I keep the 359 as backup or ditch it? It is a great saw, muffler modded, all appropriate updates (boot clamp, have extra zama carb for it) also have a cartlon 24 inch german bar for it. It is under 10 tanks of use. I sort of want to sell it to help finance the 460 and I don't cut a ton of wood every year, it is just often big wood. Thanks, James

I would sell both the 435 and 359 on Craigslist and purchase a new Stihl 261 or Husky 346xp. The Farmers Coop in Maryville had a 346 (non cat version) available last time I checked.

Yeah that is the plan eventually to just go to Stihl just to have the same stuff as I already have one of their kombi motors with attachments. Thanks, James

I would sell both the 435 and 359 on Craigslist and purchase a new Stihl 261 or Husky 346xp. The Farmers Coop in Maryville had a 346 (non cat version) available last time I checked.

They dont anymore. Told me January 20th, but the coop in sevierville had 1 left.:cheers:

Keep the 435 and sell the 359. You won't be using the 359 much with a 460 around. Then when cash allows and you feel the 435 isn't getting the job done, sell the 435 and add a 260 or 261.

Saw you add on Craigslist for the 359. A little wordy IMO, most buyers don't want to read that much when scanning adds. Again just my opinion. Nothing else available now so should make a quick sale. I've sold two saws on Clist (200T and 260) recently and got top dollar.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/tls/2116155688.html

The pics are worthless on Craigslist. Recommend you post a link to high resolution pictures. Photobucket is a great (free) source for posting picture album links. Good pics will make the sale. Might also want to post a pic of compression reading. Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, I was thinking it may have been too wordy as I was making it. Do you think it will sell for that much considering the extra bar and extra chains I have for it? I think I will take it down for a bit and retake some good pictures. Should I cut the part out about the muffler mod as I feel like the average guy may not know what that is and think I may have messed it up. Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for the advice, I was thinking it may have been too wordy as I was making it. Do you think it will sell for that much considering the extra bar and extra chains I have for it? I think I will take it down for a bit and retake some good pictures. Should I cut the part out about the muffler mod as I feel like the average guy may not know what that is and think I may have messed it up. Thanks for the advice!

Depends on your target buyer. A pro buyer would probably like the muff mod whereas a homeowner could care less. I would get right to the benefits of the saw and post good pics. Also show new price with tax included. Here is an album I made for the 200T I sold. Good Pics worth a thousand words.

http://s743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/bigredd1/Stihl MS200T/

Last edited:
EC is lightyears ahead of EVERYONE on the 7900 platform

Jimmy from Nebraska has his finger prints ALL OVER THIS MOTOR:bowdown:

Cutting at nearly 6000' with a 32" full comp LGX. Gunning for a ported 660 that resides near by:D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5gDlHmQkcSk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5gDlHmQkcSk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Rough work chain LGX. Built to pull a long bar, by why not?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gcnn7EQchAY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gcnn7EQchAY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Super Ninja Version from Dolmar

DSCF2025.jpg

No doubt Eric knows how to make those shine. Got to run one of his at the last GTG, a jaw dropper for sure. Too bad its not Orange and White.:biggrinbounce2:

Back