what do you guys think about this 7900?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCF2025.jpg

Black out the Makita on the clutch cover and you got a weiner:hmm3grin2orange:

Ok guys, I just got 500 for my 359 so I feel a bit better. It was a real nice guy that cuts wood for his OWB, said he blew up his Stihl 290.

Front handle screws on bottom are stripped out, he has some home made
straps and extra screws.....It's been patched up so to say.

TT

Why not just drill and tap the next size bigger? Or even better, helicoil!

Yeah, he actually called right after I took the ad down this morning. Said hes been looking all over the area for used saws and hasn't had any luck.

Yeah, he actually called right after I took the ad down this morning. Said hes been looking all over the area for used saws and hasn't had any luck.

Good for you :clap: :clap:

Can't beat a deal that cost nothing to sell and the buyer comes and picks it up.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,
I really appreciate the input on the saws, I got the 460 for 570 which is prolly a bit too much but needed a good big saw soon and I had actually bought my 359 from the same seller and he is a good guy. Now the question is should I keep my 359 as an in between the 435 limber and the 460? The 460 has a 25 inch bar and I will probably order a 32 inch for her. The 435 has a 16 inch and is obviously just used for limbing. Should I keep the 359 as backup or ditch it? It is a great saw, muffler modded, all appropriate updates (boot clamp, have extra zama carb for it) also have a cartlon 24 inch german bar for it. It is under 10 tanks of use. I sort of want to sell it to help finance the 460 and I don't cut a ton of wood every year, it is just often big wood. Thanks, James

Always keep extra saws, just like guns and good friends.. you NEVER get rid of em!!!!

Yeah Yoopermike, I have regretted pretty much every gun I have ever sold but finances do win out in the end, I may regret letting that 359 go at some point. Btw, if anyone needs a brand new in the box zama carb for the 359 or whatever other saws it fits, PM me. Thanks, James

Back