New to me wood stove rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattw24

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
well I scored a free wood stove from a house that caught fire recently! Stove pipe was not connected at the roof.

Any how the owner gave the stove to me and it is in pretty good shape. There is some rust and needs a good cleaning and repainting. I am going to sandblast the entire stove in and out and repaint. Has anyone here repainted a stove? What brand? Spray or roll on paint?

The stove itself the only id I could find is that it says Jacuzzi Home Leisure Products. I have not been able to find any info on these stove. Has anyone used these before?

Thanks for the help.

Any how the owner gave the stove to me and it is in pretty good shape. There is some rust and needs a good cleaning and repainting. I am going to sandblast the entire stove in and out and repaint. Has anyone here repainted a stove? What brand? Spray or roll on paint?

Thanks for the help.

There are many high temperature paints on the market. I'd just pick a good brand in a spray can and have at it.
As for any information on the Jacuzzi Home Leisure wood stove I have none. I'm assuming you did a 'net search and came up with a whole bunch of jacuzzi heaters hits.
If you use this stove, be sure to hook up the stove pipe!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Dude, that stove's got bad karma. Seriously, though, when I paint mine I use rustoleum hi temp wood stove bbq paint.

Dude, that stove's got bad karma. Seriously, though, when I paint mine I use rustoleum hi temp wood stove bbq paint.

I like the rustoleum high temp SPRAY ON. If you roll it on it will quilify for a redneck stove. Don't get in a hurry. Several light coats are better than one thick coat complete with runs and drips.

Make sure you fire it up outside after the paint has cured. A good hot fire or two will season the paint and prevent a smelly house if done for the first time inside.

I like the rustoleum high temp SPRAY ON. If you roll it on it will quilify for a redneck stove. Don't get in a hurry. Several light coats are better than one thick coat complete with runs and drips.

Make sure you fire it up outside after the paint has cured. A good hot fire or two will season the paint and prevent a smelly house if done for the first time inside.

Yea, get the spray on stuff. Besides, if you roll on a thick coat, it'll insulate the stove and it won't get as hot. :hmm3grin2orange:

Yea thats what I was thinking. Kind of like buying a used boat that drowned a man, or buying a car that a man wrecked and died in.

Thanks for the help fellers. I don't really believe in the karma thing, so I am leaning forward all the way. Plus if the house burns to the ground I got a sweet insurance policy!

I think I am going to spray it in a dark brown color, and then tile the entire area in and around where this stove will sit. I think it will turn out nice once I get it all done.

Thanks again.

Back