Logging machines in Spain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Podaltura

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We (my girlfriend and me ) were yesterday in a logging site near my town. There were some logging machines. A Timberjack 1270 C harvester, one Komatsu pc 200 with a woodcraker (one grapple for splitting the logs, before chipping its), one loader Volvo L 70 and a Valtra tractor with a brushcutter. The trees are mediterranean pine (Pinus pinaster), they have a sap explotation (here the name is resinación, in Spanish "resina" is the sap of this trees). The sap is used in natural turpentine, for chewing gums and many other things

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
More pics. The Valtra, and the land after the logging. Is a final cut, but always in this forest we left remainder trees like a "father" trees. In this logging site, there were cutting the harvester and some chainsaws, because the limbs are very big for the machine, and some of the logs too. There was a test with a chipper, but I don´t have pics of it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

More pics to the logging site, and a biomass pile. This is for the boilers in the public buildings like the school, the city hall, and others. The logs are near the biomass. And other pic of the machines. The terrain around here is as flat as you can see in the pics, because it, there is easy to work in this logging site. (In other parts there are extreme slopes, but around my town is flat).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is some nice equipment and we love pictures!
That is interesting way of harvesting pitch. Why are they logging it. I saw some dead with red paint.
Are they saving any saw logs or are they all scarred to bad.

That is some nice equipment and we love pictures!
That is interesting way of harvesting pitch. Why are they logging it. I saw some dead with red paint.
Are they saving any saw logs or are they all scarred to bad.

This is a final cut. Where do you see a red paint? The trees are used for sap extraction, I explain it in the first replie. Maybe you saw the bark, that in this kind of pine is red.

Thanks for the comments!!:cheers:

way cool stuff

Pretty neat operation. The terrain/land there reminds me a lot of what it looks like in south Georgia and north Florida here in the states. Add some palmetto and a herd of wild hogs and it would match even better. ;)

Latest posts

Back