Husqvarna 346XP Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
72LPX if the bar is .050, 73LPX/H42 if it is .058.

20" and 3/8" really is too much on a 455 though.....

Thank you SawTroll. I too was surprised to see that 3/8" on the 455 he has, came like that he said from Home Depot or Lowes.

I really appreciate everybody's help here! Great group of helpful and knowledgeable chainsaw nuts that keep costin' me money. But I sure have been enjoyin' throwing the wood chips! :D

If my buddy converts that 455 from a 3/8" to a .325 he will need to change the sprocket as well as the bar, right?

He wants to run the Oregon 20LPX in an 18" for that 455, exactly which chain is needed and which bar, I see Husqvarna has like eight different model bars on Bailey's site (I guess even an Oregon bar will work for him)? Which one would be considered stock in .325 for that Rancher?

Last edited:
Anything Oregon with a K095 on the end...............

180SLGK095 for the bar. 20LPX72 for the chain. Your buddy will have to remove his clutch and buy a new clutch drum $15-$25.

Parts are starting to add up....Perhaps maybe he should just stick with the 3/8" setup and get a good chain for it???

Parts are starting to add up....Perhaps maybe he should just stick with the 3/8" setup and get a good chain for it???

Either way,, My rancher came with a 20'' 3/8s setup. It pulled it good as long as you didn't get heavy handed. Its not real forgiving, but It'll work.

Thank you SawTroll. I too was surprised to see that 3/8" on the 455 he has, came like that he said from Home Depot or Lowes.

I think it basically is a cheap trick to make people think they are getting more saw than they really do.....

Either way,, My rancher came with a 20'' 3/8s setup. It pulled it good as long as you didn't get heavy handed. Its not real forgiving, but It'll work.

Of course it will work, it just isn't ideal.

Latest posts

Back