Stihl rant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And good point about getting a 660! Haha! Good thing is tho is that there seems to be alot of them used and the prices seem to reasonable still. And this whole thing came about basically from sticker shock. Obviously I got a little riled up but I couldnt help it. Fortunately, I already have my 460.

Sticker shock ya say. Try this on for size. I just saw a tv commerical for some outfit that sells suits. Get this, they are having a sale, discounting their entire line they said , get this now, some reduced as much as 70%. Think about that, makes ya wonder just how much they mark up those suits huh. Most saw manufacturers get a whopping average of 10% across the board on their saws. Not the dealer mind you, the manufacturer. Course now when you can sell 5-6 million units a year and clear 10% thats a awful lot of money....

ok guys. i sell equipment for a living. guess what... on january 1st we got about 30 new price lists. just the way it is. the stuff that has componets from oversea's went up more than the domestic stuff. just the way it is. Stihl's are the best IMO and i'm not changing... its like smoking. Eventually they'll price themselves outta business except instead of the government doing it they will do it to themselves. But it might take 500 years. All other saw manufactures are in the same boat, you just saw the BRAND NAME stihl and need something to complain about.

Oh by the way... my wife and I get a raise every year. more than cost of living so i guess our needs are more equal to our wants

Yea ohio is hurting especially this part. We were mostly automotive based, and presto wammo, jobs gone. Ford, gm and chrysler were very strong here. Factories all over. Not now. The five counties that surround me are double digit unemployment rates. And im NW from akron. I make a little more than 20,000 but not much. And im doing alot better than many are doing.

Jimbo must have missed the part where I said theyre my favorite, and that I own three Stihl products. But thats ok. im not just singling them out persay. If I was a husqvarna man and theu did the same thing, my reaction would be similar

Well you know what I was getting at, costs go up and costs are passed onto the buyer, thats just the way it is and has been for icons.

And if you think it's bad for icons, you should see how bad it is for the programs themselves.

Now where's that buttkicking smiley when I need it...hell's bells...

And if you think it's bad for icons, you should see how bad it is for the programs themselves.

Now where's that buttkicking smiley when I need it...hell's bells...

Sniff sniff, whats that foul odor in here, awwwwwwwwwwwww its you Woodie, how'd the hell are man,LOLOLOL

Where I work the management looks very hard at price increases because they know it's going to hurt sales and only do it when they have no choice. I can't believe it's any different at most other companies including Stihl. I'm sticking with Stihl no matter what because of my great dealer support (BTW not the closest one to my house - thank God there are more than one to choose from).

Just came by to give you a quick axe-whoopin.

(I gotta little reminder set on the system so's anytime someone starts a thread with words like 'Stihl Rant' or 'Stihl Sucks Monkey Balls' I get a text alert...)

Just came by to give you a quick axe-whoopin.

(I gotta little reminder set on the system so's anytime someone starts a thread with words like 'Stihl Rant' or 'Stihl Sucks Monkey Balls' I get a text alert...)

Figures,haha. Woodie that old stock 460 I had for you, guess what, it has the new pricing now. Hey what are freinds for, no need to thank me,hehehe

Tom - you wouldn't happen to have that picture of woodie's blower tuning screwdriver handy?

Nice seeing ya posting woodie.

Back