Stihl rant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom - you wouldn't happen to have that picture of woodie's blower tuning screwdriver handy?

Nice seeing ya posting woodie.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I remember that,hilarious,LOLOLOL Boy I got ole Woodie good with that one. Being the good sport that I am though I have long deleted that pic. No worries though, Woodie has live to bark again and when he does I'll nail his hide good,LOL

For the newbies that may not know Woodie and me are good friends, well freinds, well buds, well I know him, well ok, I hate his guts but but but thats why I like Woodie,hahaha

Figures,haha. Woodie that old stock 460 I had for you, guess what, it has the new pricing now. Hey what are freinds for, no need to thank me,hehehe

460? Is Steal still pawning that old buzzanchor off on the unsuspecting public?

Hell I thought the last a'them woulda been in a artificial reef somewhere off the coast of Australia.

Tom - you wouldn't happen to have that picture of woodie's blower tuning screwdriver handy?

Nice seeing ya posting woodie.

Yeah, I heard ol' Tommie was gettin' above his raisin'...which as you know means he was almost up to the level of gutter-snipe...somebody gotta put that ol' sumbench back where he belongs.

Might as well be me.

460? Is Steal still pawning that old buzzanchor off on the unsuspecting public?

Hell I thought the last a'them woulda been in a artificial reef somewhere off the coast of Australia.

They are still rolling them out the door Woodie, where ya been man. They sell so well if you don't have a 460 you musta been denied one due to being ugly, noooooooo Woodie, that is not someone else in your mirror, thats really you,LOL

Yeah, I heard ol' Tommie was gettin' above his raisin'...which as you know means he was almost up to the level of gutter-snipe...somebody gotta put that ol' sumbench back where he belongs.

Might as well be me.

Oh while your here I gots something to tell you. That dayummm girlie friend of yours stole 20 bucks off my dressor the other nite when she was here. She's good but she aint 20 bucks good. Tell her when she comes over for more whoopie next Thursday to bring my money back or I'm gonna cut her off and she'll be stuck with you. After you tell her lock up all your money Woodie,haha

They are still rolling them out the door Woodie,

They gotta roll 'em out...danm things vibe so hard if they not on wheels they'll crawl right back up ya leg.

Which come to think of it might be why you like to sell Steal.

They gotta roll 'em out...danm things vibe so hard if they not on wheels they'll crawl right back up ya leg.

Which come to think of it might be why you like to sell Steal.

Non-sense. They don't vibrate that bad but I do admit ya girlie friend always wants one on the bed running when we play around,LOLOL

Oh while your here I gots something to tell you. That dayummm girlie friend of yours stole 20 bucks off my dressor the other nite when she was here.

I thought that was your money...she was all fussin' cause the 7/11 said they wouldn't take a $20 bill with a picture of Robert E. Lee covered in Brylcream.

I thought that was your money...she was all fussin' cause the 7/11 said they wouldn't take a $20 bill with a picture of Robert E. Lee covered in Brylcream.

That was low man, I'm hurt. Ha, hope you didn't beleive that. Obviously you and her tant been having relations, had ya you would have found more Brylcream in the dayummest of places,hahaha

Any future purchases sure wont be stihl. And yea your right it is a free market. I guess im just sick and tired of being having my wallet milked for every nickel and dime no matter what it is. And it just chaps my a__ that now my favorite saw company is doing it too

All the more reason to buy efco...plus they have 5 yr warranty and are made just a good as stihl and perform better in some cases

Nobody milked your wallet, you bought at your own free will, lets get real here. Since your going off on a rant would you work at what you do year after year and never want a raise in your paycheck? Simple yes or no. Reason I ask is when the boys in the factory built the 460 back in 2000 they probably weren't making as much as they are now, why I bet some have got a raise in the last 10 years, fact be known I'm betting you have too but no ranting about that, odd..

yeah well stihl quality has been going down hill according to alot of members here that arent stihl brain washed. From what Ive seen it has. They have also cut costs by having chinese make certain parts for them....cough cough ZAMA factory

Last edited:
The dollar is slipping...thats all. Less buying power of the US dollar......

Gas prices rose recently....... gas prices per barrell did not. That points to the fact the US dollar.....is fading fast.

I started to read through the thread.....

Any manufacture will charge what the market will support. What is the highest price point they can price things at and still sell the most. It's a fine line.

Stihl is mt favorite brand of saw and has been since I've been sawing, but these high prices getting higher and the saws getting heavier are starting to rub me the wrong way. :bomb:

Sticker shock ya say. Try this on for size. I just saw a tv commerical for some outfit that sells suits. Get this, they are having a sale, discounting their entire line they said , get this now, some reduced as much as 70%. Think about that, makes ya wonder just how much they mark up those suits huh. Most saw manufacturers get a whopping average of 10% across the board on their saws. Not the dealer mind you, the manufacturer. Course now when you can sell 5-6 million units a year and clear 10% thats a awful lot of money....

When my late wife worked in the [RAG TRADE] as it was known in the UK. the mark up between wholesaler & retailer was anything between 100 & 450% The more upmarket the kit the higher the mark up Some bespoke made to measure suits had 6/700% markup. Thats one of the reasons they can reduce the prices in sales & promotions & still walk away with a profit Sometimes it get to you a bit when you are lucky to make 10/25% & people think you are on a similar markup

Back