Getting my first 2 log loads tomorrow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish that were layin in my back yard! Good lookin stuff! Nice tractor too by the way, I have a 756g and love it.

Finally got around to cutting everything up. I have it all cut up and most of it split. I think I am going to come in right around 5 cords. (15 4'x8'x16" stacks) I'm very happy with the wood. I'm going to order several more loads. It makes it a pretty good bargain when you don't have ton start a truck to get your firewood. It will be a little while before I know the amount for sure. I am sending it through the kiln.

Scott

Finally got around to cutting everything up. I have it all cut up and most of it split. I think I am going to come in right around 5 cords. (15 4'x8'x16" stacks) I'm very happy with the wood. I'm going to order several more loads. It makes it a pretty good bargain when you don't have ton start a truck to get your firewood. It will be a little while before I know the amount for sure. I am sending it through the kiln.

Scott

Precisely the reason I am running a truck (or 5). I've never declared, because if I really added up the expenses, (along with burning about half of my merchandise) I'd be in the hole on paper and you can only take a financial loss for so long,...:ices_rofl:

Scott

So that's $450 for the 5 cords, or $900? Sorry if that ? is in poor taste, I buy wood and it always bugs me wondering if I got a decent deal.

I traded a logger an old two ton truck for three loads of logs, he's only delivered one so far, he's six months overdue but to answer your question, he brought a ford f700
with all the logs he could haul on it with pipes for load securing on the sides and basically a 1/2 load on his skidder trailer and it only made 9 cord. I was disappointed in the quanity, he had told me it would be 12 cord. I hope you have better luck.

easier going than me--id be reposessing the truck,,one way or the other---the interest is way more than the one load of logs--people--

So that's $450 for the 5 cords, or $900? Sorry if that ? is in poor taste, I buy wood and it always bugs me wondering if I got a decent deal.

It's not in poor taste I should have worded it better. It was $450 for 5 cords. I only cut up one load.

Scott

i think it would come out ok... if you charge $150.00 a cord you would make a profit.. add in some free wood and it brings down cost per cord a bit. sounds like a deal to me...i was joking with you on the op... if you didn't get that...around here wood sells for up to $185.00 a cord for kiln dried wood. so if you watch the expenses it will come out ok.

That sounds good, I paid $480 ($80/cord) for six cords , came out to 15 4x8x 16" stacks ( we call 'em face cords up here, don't tell, people get upset...), which would be 5 cords split and stacked.

i think it would come out ok... if you charge $150.00 a cord you would make a profit.. add in some free wood and it brings down cost per cord a bit. sounds like a deal to me...i was joking with you on the op... if you didn't get that...around here wood sells for up to $185.00 a cord for kiln dried wood. so if you watch the expenses it will come out ok.

That is cheap for kiln dried firewood. I'm getting $420 a cord or more for kiln wood. I caught the joke earlier.

Scott

Back