We all knew it was coming. Stihl MS 441C-M-Tronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul001

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Last edited:
Guess this one was already beaten to death, eh? Oh well, I'm still trying to sort out the "limp home" mode.

The Calibration method is interesting as well.

Didn't Ford, GM, and Chrysler try electronic carbs in cars already, and fail miserably?
Something about forgetting the past and reliving it sure comes to mind.

Stihls "answer" to Huskys Auto-tune.

Interestingly, there are no versions of the new MS241 without the "M" in the model designation......

Is this really necessary on a chainsaw? I mean, c'mon, enough is enough already. This is logging not Formula 1 racing. I can't wait to see the price tag on one of these mother####ers:rolleyes:

It's only $40 more than the standard 441. $889.95 with 16".

Is this really necessary on a chainsaw? I mean, c'mon, enough is enough already. This is logging not Formula 1 racing. I can't wait to see the price tag on one of these mother####ers:rolleyes:

I hear ya! Unnecessary technology on a chainsaw. If you cant keep your carb in tune, you shouldn't be buying an expensive saw, stick with the throw aways.

And I thought the intake setup on the 261 was busy looking :crazy1:

Although I used to say: Real high performance cars is with carburator. Today I certainly enjoy my Electronic fuel injection, on my car. No hazlles with Choke or anythig, just start and go.
Think it will be the same with chainsaws, sooner or later IMO.
Don´t think it`s that bad a thing.

Although I used to say: Real high performance cars is with carburator. Today I certainly enjoy my Electronic fuel injection, on my car. No hazlles with Choke or anythig, just start and go.

As long as it is working, yes. But when the time comes to where repairs are needed it's a PITA.

Correct. It'll take awhile and Stihl is holding true to form with the 038/044/440/441/441M leading the way...

I recall the conversations in the 70's when we started with the TBI/MPI conversation...how they had destroyed the backyard mech, no one will ever be able to fix their own stuff, never get as much HP, yadda, yadda...and here we are today.

However did we survive :)

Don't like all the emission stuffs, go vote. Didn't vote or voted for someone who was progressive with regards to the enviorment...you have zero reason to complain. As much as I dislike it, it's a good thing. Most industries (and the OPE is no exception) has been stagnate for years. Very little in the way of innovation, new concepts, better, pushing the envolope...unfortunately history has shown most companies do not invest/spend the monies to improve until forced, either by competition or regulation.

Over regulation can be a bad thing, but setting realistic goals, enforcement deadlines, and make the failure to meet those deadlines has a track record of forcing improvements.

I love the old saws, hell I'd give my left nut for the stash of old 038 Mag II's I had in my shed at one point. I refused to move on to the lighter, stronger, lower vibration, better filtration, faster cutting, 044 for several years. Once I was forced into doing so I was like "What the hell was my problem...this thing rocks". Perhaps we'll have fewer of those moments at the beginning and alot more of the "what the hell was I thinking buying a Husky" early on, but give it a short amount of time...

Not many of us would be happy still running old iron that weighted 30 pounds, ran on 30 weight, lived up to the name "two smoker", and vibrated like my ex's umm, electric drink mixer...

Yep these changes were forced on us, but few would/could say that the 361 wasn't an improvement over the 036, nor that the 362 isn't an improvement over the 361.

FIGURES!!!!! everything is getting computerized what next?? how about a toilet that automatically adjusts the hole size and water flow when your letting one go?? i tell ya this #### is everywhere, pretty soon they will have a gps navigation system on the saw with a voice telling you what tree to cut down and how to cut it!

what we may be over looking is if there is a true variable timing ignition and it actually works it would lessen the risks of lean sieze due to poor or inferior fuels as the timing will retard to the point where detonation won't occur. When was the last time you blew the top end off a fuel injected car....not like the old days huh ?

this might be a good thing knowing how crappy the fuels are getting lately.
A

what we may be over looking is if there is a true variable timing ignition and it actually works it would lessen the risks of lean sieze due to poor or inferior fuels as the timing will retard to the point where detonation won't occur. When was the last time you blew the top end off a fuel injected car....not like the old days huh ?

this might be a good thing knowing how crappy the fuels are getting lately.
A

Bingo...

E-Sales shows they are currently available. Asked that she order one in with the next batch, wanna give it a go and see how it does.

Other than that, was a bad fall, little man didn't make it...hence I've not been around much.

Didn't Ford, GM, and Chrysler try electronic carbs in cars already, and fail miserably?
Something about forgetting the past and reliving it sure comes to mind.

you do realize that was more than 25 yrs ago, right? Think there may have been some technological advancements since the early 80's? I think it's awesome. I wonder how it would react to a muffler mod or porting....

Back