We all knew it was coming. Stihl MS 441C-M-Tronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you do realize that was more than 25 yrs ago, right? Think there may have been some technological advancements since the early 80's? I think it's awesome. I wonder how it would react to a muffler mod or porting....

I do. I hope so, but I remember all the TBI's and variable venturi cards we had to replace and jack with back then as well. This seems much like the same path with the solenoid system on a revamped carb.
I'm also not seeing any thing on the exh. side so the carb can adjust to what the saw needs.
I'm not opposed to something of this nature as I know it's inevitable, I just hope they don't follow the auto industry as an example. 15 years of crappy saws will flat suck!

Even a simple muff mod. I wonder if they have it electronically limited like they do in cars so that it would not pump enough fuel to compensate.

in a car the "chip" can always be reprogramed.

How cool would it be to be able to connect to your laptop and "tune" the saw to "def-con 4" performance level...guess my new Fast-tach just got old.

Having a EGT probe/sensor would be a great way to tune the saw and I could even leave my earmuffs on !!!!

in a car the "chip" can always be reprogramed.

How cool would it be to be able to connect to your laptop and "tune" the saw to "def-con 4" performance level...guess my new Fast-tach just got old.

Having a EGT probe/sensor would be a great way to tune the saw and I could even leave my earmuffs on !!!!

That is what I was getting at. I have a Saab with trionic 5. That code has been cracked. As long as you have a laptop and the correct connection you can tune your own car.

Remote start and alarm:hmm3grin2orange:

You could always add that later if not available as an option. Tinted visor would be another option. Maybe I-pod cradle with wireless sub in the background. Solar panel to keep batteries topped off while blasting music and cutting through wood.

Thats what the wife is for...

Go start my saw, then make me a sandwich :)

Yes, I sleep with one eye open at night.

Good option but I couldn't do that. I'll never have dinner on the table.:smile-big:

Glad to see Stihl is catching up, and I look forward to trying one out. I have had my 576xpAT for a little over a year now, and its my nicest and smoothest running saw.

441 c got one

Well Hello all, Just picked a 441 C up two weeks ago. Well I don't know if others are like me when I walk into a gun shop or Stihl dealer I get the sweats and the shakes. Was looking at a 460 but i could not justify paying the extra money for 7cc's. The dealer had a little to do with the 441 C purchase also. Well i got it home and was like a little kid, could not wait to try it out. Well let me tell you I was very suprised on how easy to start the 441 C was and when I layed her into a two foot red Oak I was very pleased and happy with the purchase. More than enough power and the throttle response and smoothness is awesome. Going from an 034 and 039 to this saw is a big upswing for me since i purchased them new many many years ago. I think when I say I am pleased others that have purchased this saw will agree. Now I have to make a larger shelf in the basement for one more saw, or I could just sell the 034 and 039. :msp_thumbup:

Back