Whats left of my splitter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have to agree with cliniford, im a mopar man myself. raised with theme and they are fast and worth cash if you have the right 1 or even 1 with money in it.:rotfl:

Turn it into your insurance they will pay the claim less your dedutable and go after the other insuance company as soon as they get paid they will give you your deductable back It is better leting them fight it out as your insurance is not about to lose money that way just go get a new one That is what you pay insurance for

horrible idea! this WILL count as a claim against your insurance! whether they collect or not its chargable and guess what, they WILL charge you more. You're better off to just buy another splitter and sue HIM in court.

Believe me, sold P&C insurance for state farm... i'm on the money here. you can call HIS insurance if he doesn't do it himself and they have to wait 30 days for him to contact them

horrible idea! this WILL count as a claim against your insurance! whether they collect or not its chargable and guess what, they WILL charge you more. You're better off to just buy another splitter and sue HIM in court.

Believe me, sold P&C insurance for state farm... i'm on the money here. you can call HIS insurance if he doesn't do it himself and they have to wait 30 days for him to contact them

I agree.

soem people need to pay attention,,to what you said here--

also,,if it was me--id take a vid recording of the path of the fire, and how it got you..then i would get any records, of the fire dept coming, of cops showing up,,and any neighbors showing.. id have every neighbor around, [if they would] sign a affadavit--to the truth of where the fire started, or if the fire was reported anywhere at all,,and the records thereof.. because if the fire causigng neighbor gets to be a jerk, youll need all this in court--to pin him to the wall...have seen it happen one tooooooo many times------

Instead of suing/turning it into your insurance company, why don't you do the easy thing and see what his insurance company says. Pretty cut and dried. You aren't talking about a huge dollar amount here.
Ask your neighbor if its been reported yet. If it's been reported see if the neighbors company will be easy to deal with. It will save you lots of headaches if you are able to just go through them. If it hasn't been reported, have the neighbor do it ASAP.
If it takes a couple weeks to sort out, so be it. The splitter has split 3 cords in 1 1/2 yrs. If you split wood with it every week, then you might have to look at other options.
I work in the insurance field and have for 18 years.

id have the person who did it pay for it, also the insurance company will be leary on paying for it because they can say that he had someone do it for the money. take down the dude who did this.

soem people need to pay attention,,to what you said here--

or i can beat my head against the wall :) people would call and turn all types of stupid stuff in to us.. like.. less than the deductable on stuff and then get mad when 6 months later their insurance went up $400. its not like insurance isn't in business to make money :)

i wouldn't settle for anything less then a new timber wolf replacement...tw5 or tw6...lol that would fix him....:buttkick::buttkick:
seriously they are right turn it into your insurance.. let them deal with it ...its what you pay for every month any how.

i wouldn't settle for anything less then a new timber wolf replacement...tw5 or tw6...lol that would fix him....:buttkick::buttkick:
seriously they are right turn it into your insurance.. let them deal with it ...its what you pay for every month any how.

actually thats not what you pay for. YOUR own insurance will sell you out. it ISN'T their job to help YOU. its their job to PROTECT you when something goes wrong. The at fault insurance company is the one you deal with. When i sold insurance and people would call i would flat out say "this is not our problem you need to call them" and multiple times i'd hear "but you're our agent" .. yes i am YOUR agent when YOU mess something up thats someone elses.

Have your neighbor call HIS agent, then if he won't and won't replace your stuff call his agent. Thats how this process works. you can cost yourself a lot of money getting in a rush and being stupid.

AND wanting a timberwolf is great and all, but all you're going to get is a LIKE quality and condition (pre fire) item like you already had. :) if you were smart you'd go to where you bought this splitter and have them give you a quote for another one so you're ready for the insurance. If you him haw around and say "well it was about $1100 when it was really 1478" you're only getting an 1100 check to buy the next one

i was joking about the timberwolf... but my agent i have been with for thirty years if i run into a problem like this he will handle it for us.. an yes i have been on the other end of things too.. 1 farm accident cost us $185,000 of insurance money... and no problems from our ins.company they paid it..glad i had it, when i needed it. you just never know when things will happen...i guess it all depends on the ins. co. and agents, the policies of the company etc...

i was joking about the timberwolf... but my agent i have been with for thirty years if i run into a problem like this he will handle it for us.. an yes i have been on the other end of things too.. 1 farm accident cost us $185,000 of insurance money... and no problems from our ins.company they paid it..glad i had it, when i needed it. you just never know when things will happen...i guess it all depends on the ins. co. and agents, the policies of the company etc...

i assumed the TW was a joke, and your agent may be nice enough to call other compainies for you, mine just wasn't set up that way. And yes! when you have the loss your company will do what they have to do to keep things as painless as possible. 185,000 would be a tough loss, i'll bet it took more than a year to actually recover!

yes it did.. it set us back a while. but if it hadn't been for the insurance we would have lost probably everything...just remember its only money a life is worth more then any amount.

The fire was started by a guy cutting up some metal for scrap as a favor for my neighbor. i have the police report and the fire report and it lists all the property lost and replacement value. i talked to the guy and he said he was going to talk to his ins. and see what they will do. he said he will take care of it. one of my real good friends works for his wife and i also talked to her. he will replace it if it comes out of his own pocket. if he doesnt do it then i will sue him. ill keep you posted

Latest posts

Back