Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will a Super 2100 pull a 60" bar? Acres site say it will but I thought I read a few posts back that it wouldn't very well.

Got a NOS 60" Homelite bar off ebay and I wanted to put it on that saw... Or am I best off waiting for my 1130G to arrive?

http://www.arboristsite.com/asset.p...m/asset.php?fid=168367&uid=48677&d=1296371537[ATT]

I am putting a super ez auto together with 2 of my non-runners. I was wondering witch coil to use, the blue one or the black one? Both work at the moment was just wondering if one was better than the other?

I think the black one uses points and the blue one does not... I could be wrong. but I thought that's what I found when I was looking to replace the coil on one of my Super XL's

I had an interesting week. I am going through some of these saws deciding what to keep and what not too. I listed two Homelite 360s for parts as I had no recoils or chain side covers, one is just in parts only state and the other is complete except recoil and clutch parts. I received no bids on ebay for them:messed:

So tonight my neighbor that knows the guy that I got all these saws from said the guy is going to drop off a box of parts for me that they found in the shop. They were at my door this evening:beauty:

In the box the covers and recoils for the 360s and clutch parts plus one sprocket worn out completely. So I put the recoil on the complete 360 and compression test. Tested at 150lbs. Dripped some gas down the crab and it fired right up.

Now this one needs to go back into service. I have two 20" homie bars that came as well with the saws. I was ready to trash them on Ebay.

So comes the question now that I am on to this 360. How would this saw rate in power to the MS290 Stihl. It seems from a short search these saws have pretty good reputation. It seems like it would be worth while to get new hoses and crab boot and kit to put it firewood rotation.

If you have an IPL on this saw please PM. Also one on the 150 would be great as well.

me as I would like to have that. Also in this box was another saw Homie 150 that looks to have clutch issues as well and there was a new drum in the box possibly for that saw. It kind of looks like they got tired of the saw and just put in a box to be forgotten.

I was feeling a little low on CAD but have been brought back up to full+

Will a Super 2100 pull a 60" bar? Acres site say it will but I thought I read a few posts back that it wouldn't very well.

Got a NOS 60" Homelite bar off ebay and I wanted to put it on that saw... Or am I best off waiting for my 1130G to arrive?

A super 2100 or any 2100 will pull a 60 incher.
But it would be much better if the bar were a
roller nose or sprocket nose.
The bar you bought on the bay was probably
a hard nose and IMO would be best on your 1130G.

Lee

I had an interesting week. I am going through some of these saws deciding what to keep and what not too. I listed two Homelite 360s for parts as I had no recoils or chain side covers, one is just in parts only state and the other is complete except recoil and clutch parts. I received no bids on ebay for them:messed:

So tonight my neighbor that knows the guy that I got all these saws from said the guy is going to drop off a box of parts for me that they found in the shop. They were at my door this evening:beauty:

In the box the covers and recoils for the 360s and clutch parts plus one sprocket worn out completely. So I put the recoil on the complete 360 and compression test. Tested at 150lbs. Dripped some gas down the crab and it fired right up.

Now this one needs to go back into service. I have two 20" homie bars that came as well with the saws. I was ready to trash them on Ebay.

So comes the question now that I am on to this 360. How would this saw rate in power to the MS290 Stihl. It seems from a short search these saws have pretty good reputation. It seems like it would be worth while to get new hoses and crab boot and kit to put it firewood rotation.

If you have an IPL on this saw please PM. Also one on the 150 would be great as well.

me as I would like to have that. Also in this box was another saw Homie 150 that looks to have clutch issues as well and there was a new drum in the box possibly for that saw. It kind of looks like they got tired of the saw and just put in a box to be forgotten.

I was feeling a little low on CAD but have been brought back up to full+

I've said it before and I'll say it again....................you have the gift!:D

The 360 is a much better built saw than a 290. Power is right about the same. Getting some good carb boots is a good idea. They are a common failure area, and will cause a cylinder/piston killing air and dust leak. I saw some NOS boots on feebay recently. The boots are 'fun' to change. Put that saw into the firewood rotation once you square it away. It uses the same bars as the XL12/SXL-Auto and XL900 series saws. Still in production. Of course you won't need one for a while...:D

As for the 150...................well that's a saw that folks seem to either love or hate (regarding both design and looks). It was Homelite's first clamshell-case (meaning there's a 'shell' that surrounds the engine...not talking about the engine construction itself here) saw. They are a bit 'trying' to work on at times. I can see why it was put in a box to be forgotten.:D

They use the same bars and clutch drums as the E-Z/Super E-Z Homelites. The Homelite XL76 and XL100-series saws and the small Husky saws (meaning bigger than the pole saws and top-handles, but not the large mount saws), small Dolmars/Makitas, and many others use the same bar mount too.

A common problem with those 150s is that the auto-oiler diapragm springs a leak. This will let the engine suck bar oil into itself. If you're pulling the saw over and it gets harder and harder...............then STOP pulling and remove the spark plug. Betcha see oil on the plug. Saw a guy bend the conrod in a 150 at the salvage yard because he kept pulling and pulling while bar oil was dribbling out of the muffler! I had set the saw down (leaving it for the 'next guy') because I don't like 150's. If I had been smart, I would have bought the saw for $5 or so and kept the sweet looking Windsor speed tip replaceable sprocket-nose bar for the Super E-Z I was planning on getting (and have now). I'm just not that bright sometimes.....

My neighbor keeps buggging me for a little saw for camping so I am going to look at the 150 for getting it running for him and he can have it. IT is fuggly looking for sure but complete. Going to look at today. It does seem to have good compression.

That is good to know on the 360. I will have a complete one and a parts one that could readily be made into a runner once I get the boot and fuel related concerns taken care of.

Is getting the parts for the oiler on the 150 an issue or any parts for it? I saw on Craig's list there is one around here for sale for $35 but it is to far of a drive for me to go get. So there must not be much value in them. They are funky to say the least.

[QUOTE=
So comes the question now that I am on to this 360. How would this saw rate in power to the MS290 Stihl.

I guess you have to try both to see the difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOMELITE 360 3/8 PITCH
H.P.: 3.85 SAE @ 9,000 RP
3.5 cu. in. 57 cc
WEIGHT :15 lbs

STIHL MS 290 .325 PITCH
DISPLACEMENT 56.5 cc
ENGINE POWER 3.8 hp
WEIGHT 5.9 kg (13.0 lbs.)

My neighbor keeps buggging me for a little saw for camping so I am going to look at the 150 for getting it running for him and he can have it. IT is fuggly looking for sure but complete. Going to look at today. It does seem to have good compression.

That is good to know on the 360. I will have a complete one and a parts one that could readily be made into a runner once I get the boot and fuel related concerns taken care of.

Is getting the parts for the oiler on the 150 an issue or any parts for it? I saw on Craig's list there is one around here for sale for $35 but it is to far of a drive for me to go get. So there must not be much value in them. They are funky to say the least.

The parts are pretty common. TONS of 150 parts cheap on feebay. Even complete new engines. The oiler diaphragams and related parts are plentiful too. That's one thing they have going for them........fugly things that they are...:D

A super 2100 or any 2100 will pull a 60 incher.
But it would be much better if the bar were a
roller nose or sprocket nose.
The bar you bought on the bay was probably
a hard nose and IMO would be best on your 1130G.

Lee

Thanks Lee. It is a hard nose bar with 1/2" pitch chain. I'll just wait for my 1130G to arrive then. Which is better anyways because it already has a 1/2" sprocket on it. Not like I'm going to do a lot of cutting with this set up, but I'll have to at least try it out!

The parts are pretty common. TONS of 150 parts cheap on feebay. Even complete new engines. The oiler diaphragams and related parts are plentiful too. That's one thing they have going for them........fugly things that they are...:D

Hey, they ain't fugly.... just takes a little getting used too, that's all.....

Dan

Back