Wrapping firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That and a little toro dingo (or the like) would be handy for getting wood into peoples back yard. Pallets couldn't get too heavy though or you would end up leaving ruts.

That is a great idea. I have enough equipment around the farm to build something like that and could use net wrap for big bales for the wrapping.

Looks like I'm going to be in the shop for a while.:msp_smile:

That is a great idea. I have enough equipment around the farm to build something like that and could use net wrap for big bales for the wrapping.

When you go from a paper sketch to fabrication...be sure to create a thread to document -- with plenty of pictures of course.

You should build it and I'll come hget it and let you know how it works. That sounds like a good plan to me.

Well in the UK thats about $200 worth of wood , no joke:(

It would never pencil out at $120 per cord, but I could see where it might be just damn convenient in any part of the world where you're delivering small quantities or selling by the lb/kg and needed to be neat and tidy about it. Put a pallet scale under it and get real accurate... :msp_laugh:

I did some looking today and found a lot of the things I need to make something similiar. It will be a couple of weeks before I get started on this but, I will keep the updates coming during fabrication.

This is gonna be fun!:)

Info

That and a little toro dingo (or the like) would be handy for getting wood into peoples back yard. Pallets couldn't get too heavy though or you would end up leaving ruts.
I have found a seed bag works better and they are free. I do not sell bulk firewood but use them for storage they hold around a rank close to 1600 to 2000 lbs they are easy to move on a pallet or by the rings on top they will go to 2200 lb but that's pushing it. You can get these from any big farmer be for they burn them. Your wood has to be dry before you fill them they are water proof. Later

Last edited:
Info

LOL.... CRT....good one,
i make 10"x 10" bundles... approx .92 cubic feet of wood.

I put a half circle in the bottom of my loader box so I Don't have to guess the weight of the bundle Don't have to count the sticks. I cut some of my four way off to get the proper size. If I am working with rock cherry or that kind of wood it's a different story. Wish I knew how to put pictures in here would show you my set up. Later

build one square...4x4x4....easier to deliver already stacked...easier to stack too.

I always thought this stuff would work well for wood on pallets. My tree marking paint comes in boxes of 4 gal. each, and they ship it on pallets wrapped in this material. It usually is ordered about 150 gallons at a time, and the cubic feet of the paint secured on the pallet is about .4 of a cord. I figure 1/2 cord could go on there, and it could be loaded onto a pickup or trailer with a front end loader and forks. Smaller bundles, say 1/4 cord, could be used for compact pickups, etc.

I intend to try this inexpensive system out when I get my wood stockpiled.

Goodwrappers, Plastic Wrap For Moving in Stock - Uline

I always thought this stuff would work well for wood on pallets. My tree marking paint comes in boxes of 4 gal. each, and they ship it on pallets wrapped in this material. It usually is ordered about 150 gallons at a time, and the cubic feet of the paint secured on the pallet is about .4 of a cord. I figure 1/2 cord could go on there, and it could be loaded onto a pickup or trailer with a front end loader and forks. Smaller bundles, say 1/4 cord, could be used for compact pickups, etc.

I intend to try this inexpensive system out when I get my wood stockpiled.

Goodwrappers, Plastic Wrap For Moving in Stock - Uline

I've considered it myself. I use their product to wrap my bundles. I usually only have to go around a few times and staple the handle on and it's good to go. It's pretty strong and durable as well.

My Formula...

Eight to 10 logs to the bundle, each log 16 to 18 inches long. Wrap tight with 9' of bailing twine along with a 5" length of scrap garden hose for a handle. That works for me and my bundles outsold last year by 30% at the main location.

Don't make your bundles too big. Some people can't lift them.

Back