owb company out of business ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FHM Stainless

I purchased a model 150 FHM and my neighbor purchased a model 90 in 2008, both units had leaks around the door and were easy fixes. Timber Ridge worked with us to get the leaks fixed.

Seems the weld around the door on these units is the weak spot. Other than that no problems.

fhm

mine was bought in 09 i think, and says boiler plate on the front but some of the documentation says stainless. is there any way to tell? how often do you check the chem. content in the water? it would be nice to ask timber ridge these ???. anybody know why they went out of business?

Wecheck ours annually,we run it year round. We send it to a company called Certified Labs. The reason they went out of business is they were not paying their vendors. Plus they had no customer service and no body to help with tech questions at the end.Course that's probably because everybody jumped ship before it sank.

fhm

Although you don't have to I drain my wood burner every year, refill it and add a gallon of chemical. Some get away with 1/2 gal. but I have a lot of pipe and heat two houses. Certified Labs is where I've been sending my tests and they always pass with a gallon of chemical. I tried less chemical and my test failed. The last time I sent a test out though certified Labs never sent the results back. Could be because Timber Ridge is gone.

They lost our last sample too. I just talked to the C. Lab. rep yesterday. We went directly through them last year instead of Timber Ridge because they stopped sending treatment to them because they were not paying the bill. If you want I can give the rep's #.

fhm

thanks for all the info. i sent my sample to the lab several weeks ago and havent heard anything, i may try to call mon. i wonder if they will still test for you since the losers shut down. biomass denies any relation to free heat. should i drain mine and leave it empty until next year? would it be better to leave it empty and add new chem. and water when i started it up next heating season?

Timber ridge FHM schematics

Hi Guys,
I have a FHM model 200, bought 08/2006. Initial support and service were great, then all downhill from there. Developed a minor leak 02/2008 around the loading door. Called Timberridge
and they said to get it welded and they would reimburse me. Had to remove have the roof and front sheet metal , took about 2 hours. Found the leak, a bad weld about 5 in. long. Had it TIG welded, buttoned it up and did get reimbursed. Everything fine until spring of 2011, noticed water level dropping slowly. Kept getting worse; thought I could make it until this spring.
Getting really bad, have to top it off every day, which is a pain but at least I can do it from the cellar. Took the sheet metal off from around the base, but can't be certain where its leaking.
So later this spring when I shut it down I'll have to tear it apart. It would help if I had some assembly drawings or schematics to help me. Can anyone out there help? Thanks in advance. (Please send any replies to my email address, [email protected]) Bob

Hi Guys,
I have a FHM model 200, bought 08/2006. Initial support and service were great, then all downhill from there. Developed a minor leak 02/2008 around the loading door. Called Timberridge
and they said to get it welded and they would reimburse me. Had to remove have the roof and front sheet metal , took about 2 hours. Found the leak, a bad weld about 5 in. long. Had it TIG welded, buttoned it up and did get reimbursed. Everything fine until spring of 2011, noticed water level dropping slowly. Kept getting worse; thought I could make it until this spring.
Getting really bad, have to top it off every day, which is a pain but at least I can do it from the cellar. Took the sheet metal off from around the base, but can't be certain where its leaking.
So later this spring when I shut it down I'll have to tear it apart. It would help if I had some assembly drawings or schematics to help me. Can anyone out there help? Thanks in advance. (Please send any replies to my email address, [email protected]) Bob

Just saw the New Fisher Stoves wood boiler web site. Has this guy, Larry, started another new company? After closing Free heat Machine and opening Biomass Direct has he closed Biomass Direct and started another new company

biomass-direct,NOW FISHER STOVES LOL!!!

Yeah Larry the good ole boy just keeps hangin em out to dry sooner or later hes gotta sink ITS BULL.... people buy a product and it works but if theres no customer service ur screwed I AM TIRED OF IT ...but my input people is dont TRUST LARRY!!!!:msp_scared:

Interesting link to read

Yeah Larry the good ole boy just keeps hangin em out to dry sooner or later hes gotta sink ITS BULL.... people buy a product and it works but if theres no customer service ur screwed I AM TIRED OF IT ...but my input people is dont TRUST LARRY!!!!:msp_scared:

Here's a link that talks about the fisher usa wood burner
I just stumbled upon FisherStovesUSA dot com 2012 | ********** Forums Home

Yep your on to him to a "T" he gives the line of b.s. out there for sure we need him gone he might even be one of those pathalogical liars cause i been there when he aaaa aaaaa takes forever to telll a story!!! Also all the ideas from the firebox and different things on the units arent from him anyways just makes me sick..

Latest posts

Back