Pennsylvania....doing tree work there?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arbor Vision

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just wondering if you need to be licensed to do tree work in Pa like you have to be in Md. I have done some work in Pa. before for some relitives and have a couple of there neighbors who want some work bid on. What requirments does Pa. have to perform tree work?

Just wondering if you need to be licensed to do tree work in Pa like you have to be in Md. I have done some work in Pa. before for some relitives and have a couple of there neighbors who want some work bid on. What requirments does Pa. have to perform tree work?

The requirements are this:

You need a set of spikes so's you can prune the tree
Gonna need some kind of truck and some other gear
GL ins might be good to have
And a bunch of illegals to clean up the mess.

But seriously, some municpalities might want you to get a permit for a removal but that is pretty much it. Some of these municipalities are pretty strict and you could get into trouble if the job is high profile.

But seriously, some municpalities might want you to get a permit for a removal but that is pretty much it. Some of these municipalities are pretty strict and you could get into trouble if the job is high profile.

One more thing Dan,this is not needed but anyone who does not have it is foolish. That would be liability insurance. I do not know about the rest of you but there was times I think the home owner was just looking for a chance to sue. I stopped tree work after I had my heart attack. Insurance was not that expensive at that time (8 years ago). To me that insurance was just as important as my saw.

:agree2:

Gotta agree, it's a free for all in PA. Got a pick up and a saw and you are a self proclaimed tree expert. Competition is ridiculous in S.E. Pennsylvania. Outside of the South East it seems all they do is top any way.:chainsaw:

One more thing Dan,this is not needed but anyone who does not have it is foolish. That would be liability insurance. I do not know about the rest of you but there was times I think the home owner was just looking for a chance to sue. I stopped tree work after I had my heart attack. Insurance was not that expensive at that time (8 years ago). To me that insurance was just as important as my saw.

He listed liability in his original post....

Back